UK's biggest booters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK's biggest booters

I know this is a bit late considering the booter season is all but over, but can anyone confirm what are the largest boot sales are in their respective areas?

My mate popped over tonight and was wondering what the largest boot sale in the UK was and I didn't have a clue so I thought I'd ask the question here....
    it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
    take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

I dont know if these are still on cos I moved out of London quite a few years ago, but for sundays - A20 Swanley Boot Fair and Wrotham Hill - one of these used to be absolutely enormous...
    Sedgehill Rd
    London, Greater London SE6 3QS ‎ this is a boot sale in a school sports field - also very large in good weather. Don't ask me if they are still on though..

Comment

As airfix has said pedham place is massive on a summers day takes a good 2 hours plus to walk round my local one called west moor farm is also big on a sunny day also prob ford air field in west sussex
      ------~o00o-----//{ ´°`(_)´°` }\\-----o00o~------

Comment

Cheddar markets itself as the 'largest boot sale in the southwest'.

Unsure of the validity of this claim, but it's pretty bloody large on a nice summer's day.

Comment

Originally posted by airfixkid View Post
          I dont know if these are still on cos I moved out of London quite a few years ago, but for sundays - A20 Swanley Boot Fair and Wrotham Hill - one of these used to be absolutely enormous...
          this. the smaller one had about 600 car boot sellers (excluding traders) on a sunny day according to the bloke on the gate. those 2 fairs got rinsed by dealers every week though, had to be there 5-6am (which i never was). certainly the biggest couple of booters i've attended in the london/kent area.
          http://www.blaxploitation.com
          Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

This one's the biggest round where I live , takes hours to get round it , after about 7am your queuing for over a mile to get in

http://www.carbootsale.uk.com/

Comment

Why would anyone want to know the biggest bootfairs?

I have left the world of obsessive record finding now ..but I was pretty good at it. It was always the smaller, obscure, least-promising bootfairs and spots I used to look for...
              Endless Tripe

Comment

Originally posted by son of stan View Post
                Why would anyone want to know the biggest bootfairs?

I have left the world of obsessive record finding now ..but I was pretty good at it. It was always the smaller, obscure, least-promising bootfairs and spots I used to look for...
                Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
                new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Originally posted by Col Wolfe View Post
                  Yeah..there's me and my mate long after the Llanelli charity booter was all over, arguing about what we were gonna do about that copy of The Mello-Souls...
                  Endless Tripe

Comment

don't all larger booters describe themselves as 'the uk's biggest'?. chelford would be be the nearest to me and it likes to rep this strapline

Comment

hook road arena car booter on bank holidays in epsom surrey is the biggest I have ever seen. Takes me upto 3 hours to get round.
                      Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

Thanks for the replies gents.

I'm not quite sure why me & my mate got on this subject, but google wasn't much help* so I thought I'd ask here.

I could have just as well asked does Italy have any charity shops and if not why?

* as mentioned above, virtually any reasonable size booter seems to claim its the UK's largest on their website. My favourite was SMB Events (who do Swanley) and their GIGANTIC SUPER BOOT SALES TM
                        it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
                        take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

the Ashley Heath (dorset) one is pretty massive has been going for 20 years or there abouts, I used to live down that way as well. Of the 2 I mentioned before as you have found SMB, is the biggest but as Theeman says you need to be there at 5am.
                          I'm in yorkshire now and the 2 largest ones I can find around here are not even half the size of Swanly on a good day.

Online carboot guides are useless btw - hopelessly out of date, as I found out earlier in the year checking my "locals".

Comment

Originally posted by eclipsechaser View Post
                            hook road arena car booter on bank holidays in epsom surrey is the biggest I have ever seen. Takes me upto 3 hours to get round.
                            That's just down the road from me mate.
                            Can be a pain in the arse with the dealers sometimes but it's an 'either/or' one for sure in that on some occasions there are none, other times loads.
                            Summertime is get there early and it is bloody big. Every two/three weeks isn't it?
                            Have got some decent stuff there over the years (and it's been going for at least 15 years if not longer)
                            Don't have the hotdogs though.......
                            Fleas the size of rats suck on a rat the size of a cat....

Not As Great As His Very Best, But Pretty Much As Great As Most Anyone Else's.

Comment

Ooop North, there's this behemoth - http://www.hemswellmarket.co.uk/
                              Hull Music Archive

Comment

Working...
                              X