John Fiddy & Alan Hawkshaw - Dum Dum Reissue LP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Fiddy & Alan Hawkshaw - Dum Dum Reissue LP

Both system records and freak emporiam have had this listed as a pre-order item for some time with the date slipping by a month from time to time. Now it seems to have disapeared competely. Apparently it is being done by the same people that gave us the Mohawks reissue LP.

As some of you seem to be in the know about these things. DOes anyone know what is happening?
    My Mixcloud

Dum-Dum

I'm very confused about there being a Dum-Dum re-issue album written by John Fiddy and Alan Hawkshaw. In fact it was written by myself and Peter Shelley, the writer and producer of Alvin Stardust. Although I worked many times with the great Hawk, he was not involved in the Dum-Dum project.

John Fiddy

[email protected]
    Last edited by JohnFiddy; 18-02-2007, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnFiddy View Post
      I'm very confused about there being a Dum-Dum re-issue album written by John Fiddy and Alan Hawkshaw. In fact it was written by myself and Peter Shelley, the writer and producer of Alvin Stardust.
      I've got a great 45 on Philips from 1973, Cat's Eye by Peter Shelley issued under the name Life, b-side is Death In The Family written by Shelley and John Fiddy: does anyone know if this was a one off, or reslted in any other 45s or LPs? It's a great track, anyway...
      a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Originally posted by wayne View Post
        I've got a great 45 on Philips from 1973, Cat's Eye by Peter Shelley issued under the name Life, b-side is Death In The Family written by Shelley and John Fiddy: does anyone know if this was a one off, or reslted in any other 45s or LPs? It's a great track, anyway...
        Presumably it's the same 'Death In The Family' from the 'Dum Dum' LP, Wayne.

Comment

Originally posted by Blighty View Post
          Presumably it's the same 'Death In The Family' from the 'Dum Dum' LP, Wayne.
          Maybe - I've never heard Dum Dum, but I like this 45 a lot. I suppose that's what I was wondering, if this 45 was part of the Dum Dum sessions under another name, or a separate project. I assume it's the same Peter Shelley who did that Gee Baby LP (which my mum has and still loves for the track about the dog) too
          a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Is it a slow melancholic piano track with guitar lead and some nice jazzy horns?

Comment

there's a 45 taken from the Dum Dum lp too btw
              Dum Dum - Peter Gunn/Cosa Nostra
              as you were...

Comment

Originally posted by platerpus View Post
                there's a 45 taken from the Dum Dum lp too btw
                Dum Dum - Peter Gunn/Cosa Nostra
                as you were...
                I have this. 'Cosa Nostra' is great to have on a 45. Plus I totally love these UK soundtracky/session funky 45s. See also 'The Prowler', the two mandingo 45s, Bullet, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne View Post
                  Wickerman had a sound clip of this 45 in his recent list - might still be up? Jens?
                  "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

oooh there's loads of the little blighters out there, blighty.
                    see also 'Neighbours Theme' on BBC....

Comment

Originally posted by platerpus View Post
                      oooh there's loads of the little blighters out there, blighty.
                      see also 'Neighbours Theme' on BBC....
                      Still not found a copy of that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Blighty View Post
                        Is it a slow melancholic piano track with guitar lead and some nice jazzy horns?
                        Sounds very like the same one, but maybe a different version - similar very moody OST feel to it to what you describe, piano & guitar, but no horns...

Comment

Originally posted by JohnFiddy View Post
                          I'm very confused about there being a Dum-Dum re-issue album written by John Fiddy and Alan Hawkshaw. In fact it was written by myself and Peter Shelley, the writer and producer of Alvin Stardust. Although I worked many times with the great Hawk, he was not involved in the Dum-Dum project.

John Fiddy

[email protected]
                          This release never came to anything. I think they tried to include the hawk because there a lot of collectors who like that style of organ playing and it was assumed that AH was playing on this LP. I don't think they where referring to the writting or production credits.

Who was the organ player in that session then?

Managed to pickup your LP second hand anyway.
                          My Mixcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Kinky Chris View Post
                            This release never came to anything. I think they tried to include the hawk because there a lot of collectors who like that style of organ playing and it was assumed that AH was playing on this LP. I don't think they where referring to the writting or production credits.

Who was the organ player in that session then?

Managed to pickup your LP second hand anyway.
                            Steve Gray (he's mentioned on the LP label)
                            A leaping rocker with a strong mood, a moderate beat and a safari feel.

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
                              Wickerman had a sound clip of this 45 in his recent list - might still be up? Jens?
                              http://www.laplanetesauvage.com/soun...e_CatsEyes.MP3

Mr Fiddy, just tell me if you don´t want this up, its in lofi bitrate just for people to hear the song.
                              rick wakeman´s keyboard

Comment

Working...
                              X