BRILLO - THE RETURN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRILLO - THE RETURN

Gents, it's the news you've all been waiting for.

Brillo is coming back!

In the New Year we will be moving to:

Strongroom
    120-124 Curtain Road
    Shoreditch

Thu: 09:00 - 01:00
    Fri: 09:00 - 02:00

http://www.strongroombar.com/

I went along a couple of weeks ago to meet with the manager and to discuss us moving Brillo there from January onwards. He had heard of Brillo, liked the posters that I sent him from previous Brillo events (thanks Pitch!) and enjoyed the links to various tunes that have been played at recent Brillos!

Brillo will run as a monthly event alternating between a Thursday night one month and a Friday the following month.

Brillo will be the last Thursday of the month on a bi-monthly basis starting:

Thursday 30th Jan.

Future dates will then be:

Thursday 27th March
    Thursday 29th May
    Thursday 31st July

These Thursday nights will run as per previous Brillos.

For those that don't know what Brillo is or haven't been before; the basic premise of the night is to play tunes that you found that month, this will now extend to what you have found over the previous two months. The decks are open to those that post on the board and running orders are sorted out on the night. The length of sets depend on the amount of people that want to play. New comers are always welcome to come along and play although it might be an idea to come to one first, introduce yourself to the regulars then bring along a bag of tunes to the next event.

I have also managed to secure a bi-monthly Friday night event too (Brillo Plus!)

Dates for this are:

Friday 28th Feb
    Friday 25th April
    Friday 27th June

These nights will be arranged slightly differently.

Those that want to play can pm me to let me know specific dates they would like to play in advance. I will then contact 4 people to dj for each of the events. This will allow those that want to play to play longer sets.

The owner has asked me to publicise these nights via posters (pretty please Pitch), flyers and via social media. I will need to get my act together with regards the Facebook page ensuring that it gets updated regularly both in the lead up to nights and post events with set lists, pictures, etc. For those of you on Twitter it would be great if you could also give Brillo a mention on there now and then.

I'm really excited about the move and I hope you are too.

The bar is great, he staff seem really friendly and they have a massive selection of beers!!!!

I'd love to hear your thoughts on our move.

I really hope the board will get fully behind this and make it the success that it deserves to be!

Get these dates in your diary now!

a thursday and a friday?

blimey!

Comment

Good work Mark. I know I always say it but I will try and get down to some of these soonest.

Comment

Originally posted by llmod1 View Post
        For those that don't know what Brillo is or haven't been before; the basic premise of the night is to play tunes that you found that month, this will now extend to what you have found over the previous two decades.
        If you can amend this rule thus - I might be able to join the Brillo club?

Seriously though - great news!

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
          If you can amend this rule thus - I might be able to join the Brillo club?

I've ignored it for the best part of ten years.

Excellent news. Well done Mark.
          You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Well done chap.

Thursdays and Fridays both work for me, so I'm happy!
            Back and to the left... back and to the left... back and to the left

Comment

Good work Mark! So, Brillo is still a monthly event, alternating between the last Thursday and the last Friday of the respective month.
              Hmmm, those Fridays could turn into a session
              some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by medlar View Post
                Good work Mark! So, Brillo is still a monthly event, alternating between the last Thursday and the last Friday of the respective month.
                Hmmm, those Fridays could turn into a session
                Mark great news and it sounds ace although I'm not sure the rules will be strictly enforced. A quick note to any new comers that there is a general nod towards original vinyl rather than the latest issue/re-issue from the internet. But then again its not like we haven't all broken that rule on occasion.
                Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

Originally posted by eclipsechaser View Post
                  But then again its not like we haven't all broken that rule on occasion.
                  Speak for yourself.
                  You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Hero View Post
                    Speak for yourself.
                    My thoughts exactly. Having said that, do reissues from the Seventies count? If so, I'm screwed.

All my records are new these days anyway. I'll be able to play them at Brillo in about 30 years' time

Comment

great job sir!
                      http://www.blaxploitation.com
                      Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

well I have spotted a good few new releases being played over the years. anyhow be good to see you all there.
                        Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

well I have spotted a good few new releases being played over the years. anyhow be good to see you all there.
                          That's different though isn't it? As far as I'm aware, there's no 'ruling' on new music.

Comment

anyhow be good to see you all there.
                            And you - been faaaaaaaaaaar too long

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Hero View Post
                              I've ignored it for the best part of ten years.
                              A president has already been set then...

Comment

Working...
                              X