Sandy Bull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandy Bull

Came across a few of his LP's today in NY in a store with no listening post.

All were around $9.99.

Don't think I know him but they looked interesting.

Can anyone recommend any particular titles to look for.

Cheers.

I've got a few Sandy Bull albums. They don't come out to play as often as they used to, but for a hit of Sandy, I normally head for Electric Blend off the E Pluribus Unum lp. Inventions is good too. The posthumous Still Valentines Day cd is great, with what I consider quite an eerie atmosphere about it. Generally you can't go wrong. If it was me, I would pick up anything I didn't already have by him. Go get them
    Everyone tear down your own little wall
    That keeps you from being a part of it all
    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
    You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

The E Pluribus LP was definitely there.

Cheers for the reply!

Comment

"e pluribus" is great.
        2 track psychedelic blues-folk jam. a trippy listen.
        Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

Comment

Demolitian Derby too.
          All the Wolpertingers

Comment

The Yin to Fahey's yang (Fahey hated him apparently).

If they're the Vanguard originals, $9.99 is a steal. Inventions with support from Billy Higgin's drums is a cracker -everything from a 25 minute raga-out to a couple of Bach gavottes to Memphis, Tennessee
            Gosh, golly that was a weird one. Have I got time to go and take some more acid?

Comment

They are all good - Blend off Fantasias For Guitar And Banjo is great. This is kind of 'focus background music' for me. Put Sandy Bull on when I want to concentrate on something else absorbing. It kind of draws you in and keeps you going.
              Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Working...
              X