Selling records you know nothing about for stupid prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling records you know nothing about for stupid prices

There's a record listed on holywax as Unknown Artist - Unknown Title and they're charging 100 euros for it, so.....they dont know who the artist is or the name of the record so they immediately value it at 100 euros. Makes sense right?

link

Comment

Search "Unknown Artist - Unknown Title"

Holy Wax Records

Seems to be Teresa Teng - Rhine OST

eBay Listing

Comment

Teresa Teng's records regularly go for proper money. Selling her as an unknown artist is a peculiar move though.

Comment

Says in the blurb
          "We can't read Chinese so we have no clue on the title nor the name of the artist. Please let us know if you do!"

Hence the unknown artist malarkey.

The price I can't explain. Maybe a vestage of pre-internet days when dealers would find an good record they hadn't seen before, whack a hefty price tag on it and see if anybody bit.
          it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
          take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

..this is normally attributed to English-semi-dealers who inadvertently find a unknown 7" Psych acetate in a box of Dodgy demo's...(Dodgy=Ken Dodd etc...)

Comment

I should think its def to cover themselves incase its a high priced item and after a month or so the price may come down. I've done this before, got an unknown white label listed up on discogs as say £4.99, sold it within 20 mins and then after awhile you find that that listing has 40/50 people with it in there want list.

Comment

Originally posted by stupidnation View Post
                I've done this before, got an unknown white label listed up on discogs as say £4.99, sold it with in 20 mins and then after awhile you find that that listing has 40/50 people with it in there want list.
                how d'you do that, create a new listing for unknown ? how do people find/see it ?

Comment

Yip create the listing on discogs

Comment

http://www.discogs.com/explore

drop down latest additions, im guessing thats how peeps find stuff

Comment

Originally posted by No, LordNo View Post
                      Teresa Teng's records regularly go for proper money. Selling her as an unknown artist is a peculiar move though.
                      Hmmm, ive picked up plenty of her records, and records off the Haishan, Ligo and Life labels for under 20 quid. Very few of those records are actually rare, the music was massively popular in China.

Comment

Originally posted by stylesforfree View Post
                        Hmmm, ive picked up plenty of her records, and records off the Haishan, Ligo and Life labels for under 20 quid. Very few of those records are actually rare, the music was massively popular in China.
                        They may or may not be rare but they regularly go for good money at auction:

http://collectorsfrenzy.com/search?q...search-button=

I mean the right pressings of well known Western acts go for money, why wouldn't the same be true for China?

Comment

The clip sounds great. I want one!

But not for £100.

Comment

Originally posted by No, LordNo View Post
                            They may or may not be rare but they regularly go for good money at auction:

http://collectorsfrenzy.com/search?q...search-button=

I mean the right pressings of well known Western acts go for money, why wouldn't the same be true for China?
                            True true, looks like the Polydor pressings go for more than the Life and Haishan pressings.

Comment

Originally posted by stylesforfree View Post
                              There's a record listed on holywax as Unknown Artist - Unknown Title and they're charging 100 euros for it, so.....they dont know who the artist is or the name of the record so they immediately value it at 100 euros. Makes sense right?
                              Polite enquiry: why is this bothering you so much?
                              some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Working...
                              X