Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sending records through MyHermes instead of Royal Mail - anyone tried yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending records through MyHermes instead of Royal Mail - anyone tried yet?

Has anyone tried selling single items through MyHermes yet? I'm interested to know both what price they come out at, and experience at the receiving end - has anyone got experience of either..?

- I've just sent a 15 kilo box of 250 singles to a friend in Wales from the Midlands using MyHermes for....wait for it....
    ...£9.60!!

..equiv. Royal mail/Parcel force Cost? .......£42...!

The reason why I ask is, I've just been restricted on ebay from selling, even with 100% - for having to high postal costs ( £4 Lp, 1.50 after / £2.50 single, 50p there after - through Royal Mail, I make not a penny, as - incl. the price of a quality mailer, not that shoddy muck that has already been mentioned, 2 stiffers, and the actual postage cost, sometimes I'm actually losing on post -esp. places like Japan and the Far east - and they cut me off!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm now concentrating solely on selling at a decent and fair price on Discogs..cheers all...

..did I mention this was also picked up from home , and has a full tracker service..?

Comment

£4.50 an lp! is that first class?
      instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Guaranteed 24 hour delivery, and tracked ala Special Delivery from the Royal Mail - equiv. £7.60 to the UK - double abroad

Comment

I haven't tried sending anything yet, but a dealer I buy from most months uses MyHermes. I've been pretty impressed by the service so far. Plenty of communication and the low cost is very welcome.

Comment

Ive used them several times, all good, I usually use the drop shop rather than waiting in for them to collect. They do seem to take a day or so more than other couriers I have used through the years but for the price they are good, go for it!!

Comment

Working...
            X