Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1970 TOP 12 album

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1970 TOP 12 album

    http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildat...r=310614119306 march 2013

    http://collectorsfrenzy.com/details/...llmark_mfp_etc november 2013

    i bow down to the superior knowledge on this forum because i have no idea about 99.9% of the obscurities that get mentioned by yourselves. the fun of hanging around here is to hope some of that knowledge rubs off on mortals like myself.

    so...is this elton john related album really in demand? basically did the first guy get a bargain or did the second guy get ripped off? or did the first guy sell it to the second guy and have one of the world's greatest grip'n'flips?

    these are the only two sales i can find for this record.
    Last edited by ivan_smackhead; 12-11-2013, 05:04 PM.
    "I don't want to live in the past but it's a nice place to visit."

  • #2
    I suspect the second copy was just bid up for a joke - there's no way anyone paid over a thousand dollars for that record.

    Then again, in all my years digging I don't think I've ever seen it - so who knows, it might be the Holy Grail of Elton John collectibles. And his records can fetch a fair whack. I've sold Top Of The Pops albums for over £30 before... nowhere near a grand, mind.

    As for the second guy getting ripped off? If it WAS a genuine sale, then he's only got himself to blame...
    Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

    Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

    Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ivan_smackhead View Post
      http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildat...r=310614119306 march 2013

      http://collectorsfrenzy.com/details/...llmark_mfp_etc november 2013

      i bow down to the superior knowledge on this forum because i have no idea about 99.9% of the obscurities that get mentioned by yourselves. the fun of hanging around here is to hope some of that knowledge rubs off on mortals like myself.

      so...is this elton john related album really in demand? basically did the first guy get a bargain or did the second guy get ripped off? or is the first guy also the second guy and did one of the world's greatest grip'n'flips?

      these are the only two sales i can find for this record.
      you might want to check this thread:


      http://www.verygoodplus.co.uk/showth...levard%2Belton

      Comment


      • #4
        It is rare.... and sort after... but not THAT rare!

        more info:

        http://copycatcovers.blogspot.co.uk/...tlight-on.html

        There is at least one other covers LP with the same tracks on (Super Hits III) - not sure if it is easier to locate though.

        http://hitcovers.weebly.com/super-hits.html

        I don't have a copy in case you think I do.....
        "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

        www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

        Comment


        • #5
          I've never seen the Boulevard LP in nigh-on twenty years of cover LP collecting - but if you think I'm paying a grand for it you can ruddy well whistle.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Lord Thames View Post
            I've never seen the Boulevard LP in nigh-on twenty years of cover LP collecting - but if you think I'm paying a grand for it you can ruddy well whistle.
            Yes but........ £16's not bad!
            "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

            www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

            Comment


            • #7
              If I pay more than a quid for a covers LP I feel ripped off!

              Comment


              • #8
                I have seen that in a charity shop...........

                .....and left it as I don't 'do' covers LPs anymore (with a few exceptions)......

                .....idiot
                "..hole...road...middle thereof"

                Comment


                • #9
                  On a slightly related note, I recognise that cover from this record, great cover of Scorpio.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I thought I recognised it - bet it's the mighty camera of Michel Laguens striking again. That version of Scorpio is excellent, wonder who was responsible?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      just picked this up online for £6 and plan to list it exactly as the one that went for silly
                      money as a kinda crazy social experiment as I can't believe it could happen twice!



                      I got this with it too!

                      The Garden Facebook Blog

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post
                        just picked this up online for £6 and plan to list it exactly as the one that went for silly
                        money as a kinda crazy social experiment as I can't believe it could happen twice!
                        *cough* don't forget about my 10% when you sell it.
                        "I don't want to live in the past but it's a nice place to visit."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ivan_smackhead View Post
                          *cough* don't forget about my 10% when you sell it.
                          ah I spotted this on Collectors Frenzy at the time too! but if your coming to
                          the VG+ event in Northampton I will buy you a drink, coz i'm nice like that
                          The Garden Facebook Blog

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post
                            How the hell did they get hold of one of my 1986 Algarve holiday snapshots in 1971?
                            Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by babycart View Post
                              How the hell did they get hold of one of my 1986 Algarve holiday snapshots in 1971?
                              incidently, does anyone know anything about this LP,
                              does Sir Reginald Dwight tinkle his ivories over it's grooves?
                              The Garden Facebook Blog

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X