South East Funky Live Bands Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South East Funky Live Bands Wanted

Ed and Mine's DJ collcetive RPM have found a new Venue in Ramsgate Kent, The Ramsgate Music Hall. Except that they have 2 floors and want to program live bands to play one floor with us DJ'ing on another. They have asked us to suggest bands that they could book for these nights

Venue can hold about 130 people and don't want to have to charge too much for the tickets, so can any of you suggest any funky, latiny, afrobeaty, loungy, groovy bands that are not too far away (London / south east) and probably won't charge an arm and a leg. Youtube clips would be great please.

Cheers for any help
    My Mixcloud

Bongolian/BBM, obviously. They'll play anywhere and are reliable and put on a great show, definitely VFM
    new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Originally posted by Moogaloo View Post
      Ed and Mine's DJ collcetive RPM have found a new Venue in Ramsgate Kent, The Ramsgate Music Hall. Except that they have 2 floors and want to program live bands to play one floor with us DJ'ing on another. They have asked us to suggest bands that they could book for these nights
      That sounds like my cousin Julian's labour of love. Glad the connection worked out!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
        That sounds like my cousin Julian's labour of love. Glad the connection worked out!
        Yes indeed, small world :-)
        My Mixcloud

Comment

Derriere, from Brighton. Less said about the name but their live show is great, as I'm sure Hugh, Mark and Vincent will testify, in case you're not content to take my word.
          You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by Col Wolfe View Post
            Bongolian/BBM, obviously. They'll play anywhere and are reliable and put on a great show, definitely VFM

Cheers Col, already thought of Bongolian, and BBM makes sense too.
            My Mixcloud

Comment

sounds interesting! How much is a cab back from Ramsgate to Whitstable way?

Will have a think about bands, but none spring to mind at the moment. I could recommend a guest DJ mind
              Back and to the left... back and to the left... back and to the left

Comment

Originally posted by jahshabby View Post

Will have a think about bands, but none spring to mind at the moment. I could recommend a guest DJ mind
                Shameless, B. Shameless.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Hero View Post
                  Derriere, from Brighton. Less said about the name but their live show is great, as I'm sure Hugh, Mark and Vincent will testify, in case you're not content to take my word.
                  New to me and they sound great :-)
                  My Mixcloud

Comment

Originally posted by jahshabby View Post

We have 7 DJs already (will keep you on the reserve list)! but we might be able to sort you out with a lift, or you could take the train there and taxi back?

We also get together from time to time to play each other our latest tunes and eat cheese, so will definitely invite you along to the next one
                    My Mixcloud

Comment

We have 7 DJs already (will keep you on the reserve list)! but we might be able to sort you out with a lift, or you could take the train there and taxi back?

We also get together from time to time to play each other our latest tunes and eat cheese, so will definitely invite you along to the next one
                      No worries, it was more outright cheek than a genuine request . Deffo up for coming down though! If I can scrounge a lift back that'd be ace but cab is cool if not. Got friends down (again) this weekend, but will give you a shout the week after for a possible beer/meet up. B
                      Back and to the left... back and to the left... back and to the left

Comment

good luck with the new venue Chris n Ed. PM me nearer the time and I'll try and come down.
                        BBM rings a bell. Possibly a couple of 45s a couple a years back but cant remember what it stands for?
                        Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

Originally posted by eclipsechaser View Post
                          good luck with the new venue Chris n Ed. PM me nearer the time and I'll try and come down.
                          BBM rings a bell. Possibly a couple of 45s a couple a years back but cant remember what it stands for?
                          Sorry I'm thinking of bdm - big daddy mouchin. Or something like that. So who are bbm?
                          Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

Ez. Im a local lad from Ramsgate. Not been down to Ramsgate Music Hall yet but heard good things.

Do you know Skip McDonald and Adrian Sherwood live locally (and Rebel MC and Adamski)? Im sure they could muster a band between them.

Comment

Originally posted by eclipsechaser View Post
                              Sorry I'm thinking of bdm - big daddy mouchin. Or something like that. So who are bbm?
                              Big Boss Man. The clue's in the Bongolian/ context of Col's first post.

New to me and they sound great :-)
                              Excellent.
                              You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Working...
                              X