Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst hit record of the 1970s...?

Open topic...

I recently heard, 'Minuetto Allegretto' by the Wombles and it depressed me for several days...
    Endless Tripe

Driver 67 - Car 67

Comment

"Muskrat Love" comes to mind first, but I'm sure I can think of others, given time.
      https://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Comment

Originally posted by moecurlythanu View Post
        "Muskrat Love" comes to mind first, but I'm sure I can think of others, given time.
        Sorry mate. There was no hit record called 'Muskrat Love'..
        Endless Tripe

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiZNUsIc4Z0
          Endless Tripe

Comment

long haired lover from liverpool jimmy osmond

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YriPIujLtsA

Clive's Dunn's Grandad is an opus of musical genius in comparison
            some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

40% of charity shop stock is composed of unwanted and unloved copies.
              Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Where do you go to my lovely.
                Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Originally posted by emperor tomato ketchup View Post
                  Where do you go to my lovely.
                  ..Erm - that particular atrocity from Peter Sarstedt is actually from 1969. Pussycat is a definite candidate and is actually still on the core for BBC Local Radio!!

John Miles and "Music" gets my vote.
                  "Here comes the Fun Cooker!!"

Comment

There can only be one winner. Laurie Lingo & The Dipsticks - 'Convoy G.B.' aka The Hairy Fuckflake.

Couldn't help Googling 'Muskrat Love'. Undeniably terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Slim Jim View Post
                      ..John Miles and "Music" gets my vote.
                      What? His music of the future and music of the past?

'To be without my music would be impossible to do' always struck me as grammatically dodgy but without it his music definitely wouldn't have pulled him through in any sort of rhyming way.

Who WAS he anyway? Kinda came and went super fast like Black did. Similar hair too. Wonder if they were ONE AND THE SAME!

Someone needs to compile an LP of dreadful one- hot wonders but market it like a serious Numero Group Archiving jobbie with a detailed booklet explaining every teeny tiny detail about them and their one hit. I'd buy it.
                      <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Townsend View Post

'To be without my music would be impossible to do' always struck me as grammatically dodgy but without it his music definitely wouldn't have pulled him through in any sort of rhyming way.

Who WAS he anyway? Kinda came and went super fast like Black did. Similar hair too. Wonder if they were ONE AND THE SAME!

Someone needs to compile an LP of dreadful one- hot wonders but market it like a serious Numero Group Archiving jobbie with a detailed booklet explaining every teeny tiny detail about them and their one hit. I'd buy it.
                        Miles was big on the continent and has spent most of the last 25 years backing Tina Turner. "Music" is still popular with Ken Bruce although I suspect it's more to do with the length of the track. He has a little collection of long songs he relies on presumably as piss/fag break records?

I know you'd buy that comp...... cos there's not much you wouldn't take a punt on, is there - you big musical tart, you!!!
                        "Here comes the Fun Cooker!!"

Comment

'To be without my music would be impossible to do' always struck me as grammatically dodgy
                          John introduces a "do" operator in order to complete the conditional and give an "active" sense to his musiclessness, rather than positing it as a mere stative situation.

I like "Music". It is up there with Barry's " I write the songs" and Adrian Gurvitz's "Gonna Write A classic" in the gallery of songwriters songs about songs.

I also like Driver 67, An instrumental vesion would sound a bit like one of Sivuca´s folkier tunes, only without any swing or groove whatsoever.

Meanwhile, as punk raged, check out what this Dutch fucker was up to.

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

A pedant writes: John Miles actually had at least TWO hits and is therefore ineligible for the one-hit wonder tag. He was a seasoned veteran by the time of "Music" and had cut loads of so-so 45s for the Orange label (and a pretty good one in "One Minute Every Hour" which was a Vanda/Young composition).

Now - if anyone DARES to suggest Lieutenant Pigeon in this thread...I will be very cross.
                            Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

Probably a bit unfair to nominate one football song over any others, but these Forest c*nts and their dirge blighted my childhood. .

Stick it up your arse, J.J. Barrie

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X