Yo mate! do you do weddings????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo mate! do you do weddings????????

how long has it been since your last confession Mr DJ man.
    and the truth will set you free....................

I've done 4 and i got one comin up in sep.
    the best one was were i had to follow literally the cream of irish traditional music and man that hooley would have stopped a chargin' rhino i shit ya not boys and girls.

i'm curious.....what would you have dropped on that crew after such a fiddley bomb of a sesh? considering you had 'the youngs ones' knawing at ur ankles for fat boy slim.???????????????

answers on a post (card)
    Last edited by SARGE; 24-02-2005, 10:08 AM.
    MODZ
    Hero No.9
    Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
    THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

I have done two wedding discos and could not have gone down worse. But what can you say when they say it is my wedding and I want your music played!
    My Mixcloud

Comment

very tricky!

i nearly had to play one last summer.. would have been dropping bricks about it if i had- it's not the kind of event where you want to get it wrong! that said, it does seem to pay very well..

i guess it's a bit different if the people getting married know you and your music though.. a friend of mine played from about 10 or 11pm onwards at his friends wedding and said it was great. most of the older people had gone to bed then, so everyone left was pissed and very much in the mood to dance!

Comment

[1] NEVER, EVER, EVER dee-jay at a wedding.

That is unless you're on a promise with the bride's* younger, fairer sister[s].

*NEVER, EVER, EVER with the Grooms.
        it's time for some heartbeats

Comment

Originally posted by Soul-Fiend
          [1] NEVER, EVER, EVER dee-jay at a wedding.

That is unless you're on a promise with the bride's* younger, fairer sister[s].

*NEVER, EVER, EVER with the Grooms.
          3 rings in marriage.
          the engagement ring...the wedding ring.....& the suffe'ring'.

but for 200 knicker, bloody hell i dread to think what i mite do.
          MODZ
          Hero No.9

Comment

Worse, I've done a fifth birthday party. My mum volunteered me for some charity auction thing.
            Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

Left hand Corner (Dean) Dj'd at my reception and got my Dad up dancing to 'Planet Rock'

Comment

Originally posted by veris
                Left hand Corner (Dean) Dj'd at my reception and got my Dad up dancing to 'Planet Rock'
                Awesome.... Speechless

"i don't dance like my dad, he dances like me"
                If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadrian Elephant
                  Was he just up rocking, or did he bust some power moves as well?
                  drink pineapple, wreck your knee.......
                  MODZ
                  Hero No.9

Comment

I am threatening my brother I'll DJ at his and he's bricking it as the last gig i brought him to was Boredoms and Lightning Bolt.

But in truth I can't be assed.
                    Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

hee hee ... I played an 80th birthday party, as a favour to a friend, a couple of years ago in a bowling club!! Was easing myself in with a bit of Glenn Miller playing fairly low and some old geezer came up to complain that it was too loud - you always get one. I thought that was gonna set the tone for the rest of the night but ended up being pretty good and had all the younger ones (by that I mean them in their 50's and downwards!!) dancing.
                      Cheap, cheap drink and bit of cash in the hand at the end ... better experience than some clubs I've played.

Comment

I did have a partner in crime at that and I always enjoy his company so that helped. But still, not that bad a gig

Comment

Working...
                        X