Record Collector Sues Ex Over Missing LP's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Collector Sues Ex Over Missing LP's

Record collector sues his ex-girlfriend after she 'refused to give back 7,000 of his LPs when they broke up'

Anyone had any problems like this or broken records after a relationship?

Included in it are the entire back catalogues of the Spice Girls, Girls Aloud and Five, some of them signed by the artists.

some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

I'll see your:

Originally posted by medlar View Post
      Included in it are the entire back catalogues of the Spice Girls, Girls Aloud and Five, some of them signed by the artists.

And raise you a:

"Mr Carbines, a songwriter, also says a hard drive containing his self-penned songs and the service history of his 1986 Ford Capri are missing"

the monkey speaks his mind

Comment

Fixed.

<<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Townsend View Post
          Fixed.

Funny enough I was thinking that Ian T might have something to say about that
          some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by tjh392 View Post

Anyone had any problems like this or broken records after a relationship?
            I once had a mate who had just split up with his partner who got his kicks by carefully hiding one particular art book before her visits to pick up her stuff, knowing she would ask whether it had turned up yet. He hid it in a different place every time and seemed to regard her not locating it as a huge triumph.
            He also spent lots of time time choosing the records he´d play during the visits, to rub her nose in the musical goodness she was missing by dumping him for a kick boxer.
            Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

7000 lps? That's around 70 / 80 expedit cubes, crikey!

Comment

7000 lps? That's around 70 / 80 expedit cubes, crikey!
                You can tell he used to run a record shop - he's looking to buy them back at a unit price of £2.50 each (£17,500?). Surely most people would reckon an average value for a (decent) record would be a tenner i.e. 7,000 x £10 = £70,000.

I once got asked by an auction house to help value a collection, some guy had split up with his wife and wanted half the house, half her pension, half her savings etc etc whilst adamant he had no assets whatsoever. So she got the auction house to value his records...
                Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

I've also recounted the tale of the carboot sale I went to where a guy was selling boxes of records. Expecting the usual Jim Reeves and Perry Como I was surprised to find it was all The Cramps, Nick Cave, Foetus, The Fall etc etc. First record had the worst scratch I'd ever seen, from intro to label a huge single gouge right across the whole side, the other side the same. Next record, the same. Next record, the same... I told the guy none of his records were in sellable condition, to which he looked upwards and muttered "hell hath no fury..."
                  Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
                    I once had a mate who had just split up with his partner who got his kicks by carefully hiding one particular art book before her visits to pick up her stuff, knowing she would ask whether it had turned up yet. He hid it in a different place every time and seemed to regard her not locating it as a huge triumph.
                    He also spent lots of time time choosing the records he´d play during the visits, to rub her nose in the musical goodness she was missing by dumping him for a kick boxer.
                    High risk strategy.

Does he have a weirdly shaped nose now?
                    Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Originally posted by emperor tomato ketchup View Post
                      High risk strategy.

Does he have a weirdly shaped nose now?
                      No. He got a court summons, as the kickboxer repeatedly gave his name to the police after committing a series of traffic offences.

He got a disturbing amount of pleasure out of hiding the book so it would be right under her nose as she was clearing out her stuff. Putting it in the oven when she was grabbing her kitchenware, etc.
                      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

reminds me of a recent thread (or three) over on soul-source...
                        new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Only in Worthing...
                          ¡A tope con la vida!

Comment

"Mr Carbines is a serious collector of records and his whole collection he has itemised, from A-Z, in a lengthy schedule which runs to 70 pages," said the judge.

So far so good........

"It is a most impressive document and he says that, because he bought every one himself, he has been able to complete that from his own memory."

Ah - OK - he sat down after the event and wrote down all 7000 records from memory.... impressive. I'm sure he didn't fill in a few 'wishlist' items - no - of course not....

"Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

"It is a most impressive document [/B]."

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X