Elephants Memory S/T 1969 LP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elephants Memory S/T 1969 LP

I know this has been discussed here before but i can't find the thread since the site change. Is it worth buying? Opinions?

Thoughts etc....

according to b-music it is (it's in their a-z section).. i've come close to buying it a couple of times of ebay, but always end up spending on something else. not heard it myself though

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded Claw
      I know this has been discussed here before but i can't find the thread since the site change. Is it worth buying? Opinions?

Thoughts etc....
      yeah get this. shakes off that 'samey' vibe that clings to alot of this ilk. good stuff.
      MODZ
      Hero No.9
      Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
      THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

Comment

The only tune I really like of theirs (I've only heard a few later LPS, though) is Mongoose, which is a total monster. Though I've been told there are a few different versions of this some not as good as others. John Lennon produced one or two of their later albums.
        http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Thoughts etc....
          Jungle Gym At The Zoo is for me anyway a club classic. always gets em a movin'
          MODZ
          Hero No.9

Comment

Originally posted by ladyboygrimsby
            The only tune I really like of theirs (I've only heard a few later LPS, though) is Mongoose, which is a total monster. Though I've been told there are a few different versions of this some not as good as others. John Lennon produced one or two of their later albums.
            I think they were also his band on a few of his LPs - it's definitely them (and Mothers of Invention) on the 'Sometime In New York City' double live set, anyway...I'm assuming that doesn't really give much of a flavour of their own LPs (which I've not heard) though...
            a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

thankyou kindly.

I'm gonna give it a go.....

Comment

Jack, you need this for Old Man Willow, as famously featured in that party scene in Midnight Cowboy. I'd love to have rocked it at that shindig, bwoy!

This is the psychedelic sound. End of.
                it's time for some heartbeats

Comment

Originally posted by SARGE
                  Jungle Gym At The Zoo is for me anyway a club classic. always gets em a movin'
                  Just realised that this is on the Midnight Cowboy soundtrack which can be got very cheaply and is an absolute stormer of a track. Is other Elephants Memory stuff like this?
                  My Mixcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Kinky Chris
                    Just realised that this is on the Midnight Cowboy soundtrack which can be got very cheaply and is an absolute stormer of a track. Is other Elephants Memory stuff like this?
                    mongoose is also rocker indeed.....one or two others that don't immediately spring to mind but some diggin' should unvail.
                    MODZ
                    Hero No.9

Comment

'old man willow' is in a league of its own. a true classic with all the charm of 'doris' you never come closer and the likes of 'sound of feeling'.

aswell as the 1st lp and 'midnight cowboy' ost ther is also a weird 'elephants memory plays the music of midnight cowboy' album with their own versions on the score. worth a sniff and cheap to boot.

all top ten stuff in my boooook.
                      kraut rock ist nicht tot!
                      http://www.myspace.com/andyvotel
                      http://www.myspace.com/voteldesign

Comment

I would definitely recommend the first Elephants Memoy LP on Buddah 1969(others have already mentioned some tracks ie Jungle Gym at the Zoo, Old Man Willow). If you like funky horn rock, get it.

Their second self titled LP on Apple from 1972 is something I ain't got and have had it my hands but was told it was more MOR rock?

Who can confirm/deny?
                        "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

I picked this album up a few days ago.... so glad i did. Cheers for the guidance!

Comment

I picked this album up a few days ago.... so glad i did. Cheers for the guidance!
                            the 45s are pretty cheap as well.............catch that pigeon now!
                            MODZ
                            Hero No.9

Comment

stay away from the apple stuff. stick with the buddahs (except 'mongoose' which you can get on 45)
                              (they (a later incarnation) also play on approximate infinite universe LP by yoko-ono which is DOPE.)

one of the dudes went on to join/form GROOTNA (i'm funky)

CAN ANY ONE SHED LIGHT ON THE CARLY SIMON / MARTHA VELEZ / ENIGMATIC CHICK ON THE SLEEVE QUANDRY???????????????????????

http://www.b-music.co.uk/essential.html

scroll down.
                              kraut rock ist nicht tot!
                              http://www.myspace.com/andyvotel
                              http://www.myspace.com/voteldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X