Songs from the '70s that you probably shouldn't like, but do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Songs from the '70s that you probably shouldn't like, but do

To follow on from the other thread, can I start with this and say in mitigation that I was ten at the time. It's the Saint Saens 'original' that I kept catching more recently and wondering why the melody sounded so familiar, then I saw this on a 1977 TOTP

North of the River Cole

Originally posted by RedX View Post
    To follow on from the other thread, can I start with this and say in mitigation that I was ten at the time. It's the Saint Saens 'original' that I kept catching more recently and wondering why the melody sounded so familiar, then I saw this on a 1977 TOTP

Are you sure you're not drawn to it because of its use in the film 'Babe', you sentimental old thing you? It gets me right here (imagine I'm gesturing at my heart, here) every time!
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Never seen Babe, so quite sure. Is it that version of the song that's used? Can't remember being overly affected by any films, apart from the end of The Champ, when I had to leave the room...

North of the River Cole

Comment

Originally posted by RedX View Post
        Never seen Babe, so quite sure. Is it that version of the song that's used? Can't remember being overly affected by any films, apart from the end of The Champ, when I had to leave the room...
        Babe´s great but a bit wholesome, Babe Pig in the City is the most twisted, freakish and amazing kids film of the last 20 years.

That´s some pretty cod reggae you´ve led off with. i´ll add another plate of suspicious smelling fish that I´m rather partial to.

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

but then I have a high threshold for this stuff...
          "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by pitch View Post
            I played this when DJing a few months ago at a 70s-themed do. More than one person remarked that they didn't remember it being quite so groovy...
            Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

Comment

These are all great! I love that Cliff too. Is this 70s? I love it, and the video is amazing.

Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

As a youth i was very fond of this, and it's stuck with me.

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
                    Babe´s great but a bit wholesome, Babe Pig in the City is the most twisted, freakish and amazing kids film of the last 20 years.

I've not seen 'Pig in the City'. I was too wedded to 'Babe' and didn't want it to be sullied by an inferior cash-in. Perhaps I was too hasty.

Comment

I know "Rock On" gets lots of props (and rightly so) but I've always rather liked this one too.

It's probably an "age" thing.
                      Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

Originally posted by Mang View Post
                        I know "Rock On" gets lots of props (and rightly so) but I've always rather liked this one too.

And I like this

My sister still gets a David Essex calendar every christmas. He's lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by Mang View Post

Indeed.

Most of those early David Essex singles were great.

And while I'm here - some Barry Blue:

Comment

Years of childhood exposure to an in-car knackered K-Tel compilation casette wedged this into my frontal lobes. Alongside 'Gaudete' and 'Vado Via'.

Comment

Don't think I've ever aired this Renato Zero masterwork here. Nice triangle work.

Comment

Working...
                              X