Solar Plexus question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar Plexus question

you're the guys that are bound to know..

About 12 years ago Gilles Peterson played a tune on his show that was by Solar Plexus and i think the tune might have been called Solar Plexus.
    As far as i can remember it was a kind of spacey-funky-jazzy thing with an amazing bassline.

Now, would anyone know what it was likely to be?

thanks

Could you be thinking of Solar Plexus, the album by Nucleus? It doesn't have a track by that name, though, but obviously he would've mentioned the name of the album. Possibly.
    http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nico Gomez
      you're the guys that are bound to know..

About 12 years ago Gilles Peterson played a tune on his show that was by Solar Plexus and i think the tune might have been called Solar Plexus.
      As far as i can remember it was a kind of spacey-funky-jazzy thing with an amazing bassline.

Now, would anyone know what it was likely to be?

thanks
      yeah its solar plexus by solar plexus...housey thing if my memory serves me well wich it don't really. but i do recall it being a belter and i'm not that big on house stuff altho theres some crackers to be had.
      MODZ
      Hero No.9
      Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
      THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

Comment

Its probably from this lp.

Its beautiful. Still need a ruddy copy!
        www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

is there a swedish group/lp of the same name? sure i've heard of it somehwere before.. mcdoom? seamus?

edit.. oops, late again! back to the light-box..

Comment

it wasn't a house track, definately a funk prog jazz thing, from the early seventies at a guess, i may have mis-remembered which bit was actually called 'Solar Plexus', (artist album or song).
            (it was followed by a terumasa hino track which i also want to find but that's a different story)

is that the nucleus LP sermad?

Comment

No this is the swedish band called 'solar plexus.
              www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

aha, sweden would make sense.

anyone know the tracklist?
                and if it is as good as i remember?

or where i can get a cheap copy

Comment

Hello Mr Gomez,

SolarPlexus cut a few LPs but the one listed by Sermad is the first. It is also a Double LP.

Assuming Giles played a track off this LP, it may be the track 'Frygisk samba' or 'Bouilla Baisse'. Check McDooms Xmas mix if you can.

Aside, the guitar player from SolarPlexus cut a superb Swedish Brazilian Kids Hip-Hop record in 1969. It is a favourite of mine.
                  Last edited by left hand corner; 24-02-2005, 12:57 PM.
                  records - one a week mixcloud
                  records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by left hand corner
                    Hello Mr Gomez,

SolarPlexus cut a few LPs but the one listed by Sermad is the first. It is also a Double LP.

Assuming Giles played a track off this LP, it may be the track 'Frygisk samba' or 'Bouilla Baisse'.
                    I found one sleeveless disc from this double awhile back - couple of really nice jazzrock cuts like 'Phrygian Samba' (must be 'Frygisk Samba' in English), but also some slightly ropey tracks - and a side-long 'Concert For Orchestra & Rock Band' suite. Definitely sounds like the LP in question, though...
                    a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Originally posted by left hand corner
                      Hello Mr Gomez,

Assuming Giles played a track off this LP, it may be the track 'Frygisk samba' or 'Bouilla Baisse'. Check McDooms Xmas mix if you can.

Aside, the guitar player from SolarPlexus cut a superb Swedish Brazilian Kids Hip-Hop record in 1969. It is a favourite of mine.

Like he said. Good solid plays. Tough though.

I'm interested in the other thing you mention here Dean, late sixties Hip Hop for the kiddies? Hmmmmm.
                      it's time for some heartbeats

Comment

As well as the Swedish Solarlexus there is a west coast 70's fusion band by the same name.

Comment

Originally posted by Soul-Fiend
                          .I'm interested in the other thing you mention here Dean, late sixties Hip Hop for the kiddies? Hmmmmm.
                          yeah, me too!!
                          http://soundcloud.com/benjaminhatton

http://mixcloud.com/benjaminhatton

Comment

I've played it down Brillo and it also appears on the Easter Program mix alongside that other kids funky fave from Scandi, Bennys Badekar.
                            records - one a week mixcloud
                            records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

resurrecting an old thread...

two bands, one swdish, one californian.

the californian one did one album i can find called "voices". it has a stokning track called "torremolinos" on it, which was played by gilles way back when. goes for £15ish. rest of the album is tosh.

the other lot (the swedes) did a bunch of stuff, one album having on it "bouillabaise" as mentioned elswhere in the thread. it also has one other track of note. but i can't remember what it's called. sorry, a lilting latin thing that builds to a rockout crescendo in 2 minutes or so.

£10/12 should see you a copy i would think.

if you still care of course.

Comment

Working...
                              X