• Show
Clear All

• Chico Hamilton RIP

Sad news.

RIP. Thanks for the music.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Cool dude. 92 isn't bad, though. RIP, Chico.
          SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

I picked up a (coverless) copy of The Gamut when I first started digging in charity shops. That is one fantastic album, it knocked me for six.

Comment

Just bought Sweet Smell of Success a couple of weeks ago enjoyed the hell out of it. Chico with a speaking part (ok 1 or 2 lines) but great stuff, rgardless of how they faked the club scenes. Made me realise I only had one or two albums and that I should check out more. Will cop recommendations here. 92 eh? Not bad for a Jazzer".
              djh

Comment

RIP. Chico, Charles Lloyd and gabor szabo an exceptional band .
                'Swear I am evil when Ive had a few'

Comment

Originally posted by djh62uk View Post
                  Just bought Sweet Smell of Success a couple of weeks ago enjoyed the hell out of it. Chico with a speaking part (ok 1 or 2 lines) but great stuff, rgardless of how they faked the club scenes. Made me realise I only had one or two albums and that I should check out more. Will cop recommendations here. 92 eh? Not bad for a Jazzer".
                  djh
                  check out his sublime work on this Lp by Gabor Szabo too:

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
                    check out his sublime work on this Lp by Gabor Szabo too:

With Ron Carter on bass! Thanks for the tip!
                    djh

Comment

anyone heard the revelation album from 2011?
                      "THIS IS A FINE TAPE AND BRINGS BACK MEMORIES OF YESTERYEAR WHEN THE MUSIC WORLD WAS GOOD AND NOT FOULED UP BY THE LONG HAIR SCURVES WHO JUST BEAT WILDLY ON ANYTHING AND COME UP WITH A LOT OF STUPID NOISE THat only damnfools and liars say they like it"

Comment

So many great tunes to choose from - this is a particular fave!
                        "Here comes the Fun Cooker!!"

Comment

RIP Chico.

'The Sage' 'Blue Sands' 'The Morning After'-that's some sublime shit. That EP is a total well of melancholy to drown in.

Ringo's major self-proclaimed influence, so- influential.
                          Unknown female (not mentioned) singing, in Spanish, "Bang Bang" , in English "These boots are made for walking". Cover with nice photo of US actress Patty Shepard, recently deceased.

Comment

Working...
                          X