Best Fall 45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Fall 45

Rowche Rumble/In My Area, It the New Thing/Various Times or City Hobgoblins/Elastic Man? Or the other ones?

I´m going for Fiery Jack

"Doncaster, eat this grenade."
    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

I'm going for Kicker Conspiracy / Wings. But any of the above.

For the record, Doncaster ate that grenade. We're still sweeping up now.
    SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Bingo-Master's Break-Out for me - mainly for Repetition.

but yeah, I'll take quite a few of them.
      Back and to the left... back and to the left... back and to the left

Comment

"Fiery Jack" or "Totally Wired" for A sides. Maybe "Lie Dream..."/"Fantastic Life" as a double whammy. Eeeh I remember getting that from Keatings in Southgate. You know - just near the Royalty Ballroom.
        Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

almost 45, but, well, here's Mark E Smith's best 38...

Comment

Further votes for '..elastic man', 'totally wired' and 'kicker conspiracy' here but from a later era I still really like 'c.r.e.e.p.' - was it really about Morrissey? Also the R Dean Taylor cover was a boon when I was DJing those indie discos!
            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Best Fall 45 is a 12" - Call For Escape Route for the mighty mighty No Bulbs

12" mix of C.R.E.E.P. and Living Too Late pretty ace too.

7" only dudes don't forget Sparta FC!
              Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

'It's the New Thing'. I named my fanzine after the refrain "Crash Smash Crack Ring". Also 'Rowche Rumble'. Of the later ones I like 'Theme From Sparta FC #2' and 'The Chiselers'. Best cover 'F-'oldin' Money' but it's CD only as a single. But as was said above "Bingomasters...' does have 'Repetition' on the b side.
                "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Re covers ... they do a decent version of The Move's 'I can hear the grass grow' (Slogan Records 7", 2005)
                  OK: ready; let's do it ...

>>> Hobbies Of Today - RU12 EP: Unreleased South Yorkshire Post-Glam/Proto-Punk from 1977 <<<

Comment

Kicker Conspiracy for being the only song ever to mention Bert Millichip (tho Bingo Masters, New Thing & Roche all run it close)
                    Gosh, golly that was a weird one. Have I got time to go and take some more acid?

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
                      Also the R Dean Taylor cover was a boon when I was DJing those indie discos!
                      The Fall sold out when they a) released a cover version and b) started releasing singles off lps.
                      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jahshabby View Post
                        Bingo-Master's Break-Out for me - mainly for Repetition.

but yeah, I'll take quite a few of them.
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                        This.
                        https://tdrec.bandcamp.com/

Comment

I´ve changed my mind

Queen Victoria is a large black slug in Piccadilly MANCHESTAAAH!!

I remember accidentally coming across the statue on a visit and laughing out loud.

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Another vote for "Sparta", plus a vote for "Hit the North" and "Carrier Bag Man". Great Fall gig coming up next May, in Manchester Cathedral.

Comment

Fiery Jack, Hit the North, Totally Wired..... and Fantastic life for best B-side.
                              Those funny cars won't make the teardrops start/ but way up there is where she broke my heart

Comment

Working...
                              X