Over the top?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over the top?

So I'd recently bought one of the Decca LP's with the hole in the back of the sleeve (as above) with the mono/stereo indicator. It had a white inner sleeve which was seriously ruining the coolness of the whole package. I just have to have the correct coloured inner for these particular things and have spares for such occasions

So is this record nerdery gone wild or perfectly understandable? If I could add a poll I would. Could you not care less about such matters or like me feel the need to get that correct inner asap and therefore restore balance to the universe?
    "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Originally posted by Campag Record View Post
    So is this record nerdery gone wild or perfectly understandable?
    no and yes.

some of the things i do make me stop and think "this really isn't necessary", but i still do those things!
    "I don't want to live in the past but it's a nice place to visit."

Comment

If you bought a bike with a wheel missing, would you put on a new wheel?

Comment

Personally I don't fret about such things. Having said that, when I buy a record which has the correct sleeve/inner, it does feel more "complete". I still refuse to be drawn into the correct company inner sleeve thing though. Correct 45 sleeves for more obscure labels are a nice touch I must admit, but its what goes inside them that I'm after.
        I do understand though. All part of this sickness
        Everyone tear down your own little wall
        That keeps you from being a part of it all
        Because you've got to be one with the one and all
        You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

That's the wrong shade of red, doesn't match those curtains at all
          some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Seems harmless enough, and if you've got spares hanging about why not. I try not to lose sight of the music, though. It's nice to have things shipshape but it's what comes out of the speakers that matters in the end.
            "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

So is this record nerdery gone wild

Yes. But you are speaking to the afflicted so expect a degree of sympathy.
              "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

absolutely normal to me, I've red and blue inners of these kept for just same reason

Comment

I've had mates who've worked in shops and acculmulated the correct inners for LPs or whatever. I suppose it's not any worse that fetishing obis or any other part of the packaging. But it is hugely nerdy, a bit OCD and more importantly it's about 10 million light years away from what is exciting and interesting about music, and I'd guess from what you got you interested in music in the first place (I say this having just come back from a blinding weekend of live music at All Tomorrows Parties).

Burn all your inners and go to a gig.
                  "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Comment

Or you could just cross file them put the red ones in the blue covers and vice versa! Live dangerously.

Comment

Originally posted by BestDressedChicken View Post
                      Or you could just cross file them put the red ones in the blue covers and vice versa! Live dangerously.
                      Haha....that's living just a bit too dangerously for me.

Glad I'm not totally alone on this one. I do wonder sometimes whether I should feature on one of those OCD programmes though!
                      "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

You can avoid all this hassle by simply making inners from litmus paper
                        Just spray lemon juice on the mono shelf and keep the stereo shelf sprinkled with baking powder to ensure the colours are correct.
                        Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

So let me get this right.
                          You're troubled by incorrect inners but perfectly OK with that level of ringwear?
                          'Wood / trees' dear boy.

Thas what I'm sayin' you aint seein'
                          Ya gotta up yo' game.
                          Ya gotta have a Min-Ty-Sleeve if ya wanna be wit' all us here.

Now go away and sit quietly somewhere and think about what you've done.
                          <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

That ring wear is patina Ian mate, it adds character, I don't mind a little ring wear on my covers as long as it's not excessive.
                            Last edited by mr sayers; 03-12-2013, 01:31 PM. Reason: My crappy English!
                            "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                              I don't mind a little ring wear as long as it's excessive.
                              Blimey, Craig, they'd love you in prison.
                              SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Working...
                              X