GOAT - KOKO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOAT - KOKO

Anyone go to this psychedelic voodoo ritual last night in Camden?

It went off in there man, absolutely incredible... the band are so tight and them girls who front them, damn they are amazing... such energy

I missed them when they played up here, not that I knew who they were then!
    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
      I missed them when they played up here, not that I knew who they were then!
      ouch, i didn't know they'd played up there... wasn't at the sage was it ?

Comment

No, it was at the Star and Shadow (opposite the Tanners), a mate of mine went, great gig apparently!

I was Djing at the Tanners on the night, LDJB snuck in a bought a copy of their LP for a tenner...
        "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
          No, it was at the Star and Shadow (opposite the Tanners), a mate of mine went, great gig apparently!

I was Djing at the Tanners on the night, LDJB snuck in a bought a copy of their LP for a tenner...
          i bet it was...

Comment

Saw them at ATP and it was soooo good! Had a bit of a chat about Swedish prog with one of them too; nice guy but think I scared him with my enthusiasm!

Gutted I couldn't see them last night too.
            www.myspace.com/thecromagnonband

http://www.wolfpeople.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by green man View Post
              Saw them at ATP and it was soooo good! Had a bit of a chat about Swedish prog with one of them too; nice guy but think I scared him with my enthusiasm!

Gutted I couldn't see them last night too.
              Well one out of two nights is good going

Comment

Originally posted by green man View Post
                Saw them at ATP and it was soooo good!
                They were really good so I was disappointed. There's been so much talk about how great they are live that there was almost no way for them to meet the hype.
                Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

They were definitely one of the bands of the weekend at ATP for me. I think I know what you mean though ETK - they weren't transcendental, there is room for more. Maybe if they had played Goat Man....
                  Also, maybe I'm over sensitive and I'm being a wanker by bringing this up but is anyone else slightly uncomfortable with their "lost African tribe" back story thing? Are they still mentioning that?

Comment

Originally posted by Filthy Rich View Post
                    They were definitely one of the bands of the weekend at ATP for me. I think I know what you mean though ETK - they weren't transcendental, there is room for more. Maybe if they had played Goat Man....
                    Also, maybe I'm over sensitive and I'm being a wanker by bringing this up but is anyone else slightly uncomfortable with their "lost African tribe" back story thing? Are they still mentioning that?
                    Maybe it was all meant light heartedly but with the Swedish sense of humour who knows. We tread at our peril. But basically "yes".
                    Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Yes you're slightly uncomfortable or yes I'm a wanker... actually best not answer that one...

Comment

Originally posted by Filthy Rich View Post
                        Yes you're slightly uncomfortable or yes I'm a wanker... actually best not answer that one...
                        What a man chooses to do in the privacy of his own attic, is his own business.

John Peel

Comment

The Goat live album is on my Christmas treats list (once I've done presents for families and friends and all that tiresome stuff).
                          The Downstairs Lounge
                          http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
                          http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

Comment

Originally posted by Agnes_Guano View Post
                            The Goat live album is on my Christmas treats list (once I've done presents for families and friends and all that tiresome stuff).
                            managed to pick up one of the green ones, played it tonight when i got home from work, really good sir...

Comment

"What a man chooses to do in the privacy of his own attic, is his own business."
                              Unfortunately (for the neighbours) I don't have an attic as I'm in a ground floor flat.

Comment

Working...
                              X