Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Record Shop - Leeds

Timebomb Records Hyde Park Corner Leeds 6

Didn't get a shot of the exterior traffic was crazy heavy and it was windy as ****.
    Your hosts Carl and Dean are affable and happy to haggle trade buy etc.Five minutes out of the city centre in the heart of studentland.
    record licker

That's a "serious" opening stock
    The Sound of Salvation blog

Final Upgrade Genuine Archive Item
    Vault mint

Comment

Originally posted by antwhiplash2 View Post
      That's a "serious" opening stock
      Actually Ant they've been open probably six weeks ,it's just that Iv'e only got round to giving them a plug! They're both seasoned diggers and buy new stock everyday, so good luck to them.
      record licker

Comment

Thanks for sharing....

Looks great, shame I don't live closer!
        "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

it always puzzles me why some 2nd hand shops aren't open on sundays. most people who have money to spend are working mon-fri. yes, they can shop on saturday but would also like to shop on sunday. i appreciate the shop owners want a life but they could open on sunday (12-5pm), close for a day in the week and make a bit more money. jus sayin'...

also, how "rare" is that turquoise led zep? it pops up on collectors frenzy all the time, that geezer in utrecht had 3 of them and now there's one in leeds.

that "strength thru oi!" (4th photo) has the neo-nazi nicky crane on the cover. garry bushell did the comp but effed up with his choice of photo. article on the bbc site today...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25142557
          "I don't want to live in the past but it's a nice place to visit."

Comment

Originally posted by ivan_smackhead View Post
            it always puzzles me why some 2nd hand shops aren't open on sundays. most people who have money to spend are working mon-fri. yes, they can shop on saturday but would also like to shop on sunday. i appreciate the shop owners want a life but they could do alternate sundays (12-5pm), close for a day in the week and make a bit more money. jus sayin'...

also, how "rare" is that turquoise led zep? it pops up on collectors frenzy all the time, that geezer in utrecht had 3 of them and now there's one in leeds.

that "strength thru oi!" (4th photo) has the neo-nazi nicky crane on the cover. garry bushell did the comp but effed up with his choice of photo. article on the bbc site today...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25142557
            Okay have you any positive comments to make

Yeah I think it's pretty common knowledge that it's a British Movement Leader Guard thug on the Oi!album.I'll tell them to take it down and put the Skrewdriver back up
            record licker

Comment

i wasn't saying they should take it down. i was just passing comment on it because i read about it today. it's an interesting article IMO.

as you can see from my post count i'm new to VG+ and i wasn't aware of this album or him.

sorry for being a newbie...
              "I don't want to live in the past but it's a nice place to visit."

Comment

Originally posted by relkeel View Post
                Actually Ant they've been open probably six weeks ,it's just that Iv'e only got round to giving them a plug! They're both seasoned diggers and buy new stock everyday, so good luck to them.
                Too right, the more shops opening the better, especially one's with such a varied & interesting stock, definitely the kind of place i'd spend a whole day in!
                The Sound of Salvation blog

Final Upgrade Genuine Archive Item
                Vault mint

Comment

F C Judd's on the Wall............ GREAT
                  sigpicRock on Penderyn

Comment

"Yeah I think it's pretty common knowledge that it's a British Movement Leader Guard thug on the Oi!album.I'll tell them to take it down and put the Skrewdriver back up"
                    Yeah but he's also gay which caused Gary Bushell to say something along the lines of "I care more about the fact that he's a poof than that he has neo-nazi tattoos" if I remember rightly, thus demonstrating niftily what an absolute wanker he is. I don't think Smackhead was having a go, just alluding to that story which has presumably surfaced again.

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                      Looks great, shame I don't live closer!
                      Not that far from yours though mate :-)

Comment

Originally posted by jay View Post
                        Not that far from yours though mate :-)
                        Far enough though, perhaps a good thing wallet wise judging by the stock!

Comment

Did you buy that Trees? £50 is seriously cheap. Where's my phone!?
                          "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

Originally posted by BestDressedChicken View Post
                            Just what I was thinking!
                            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by BestDressedChicken View Post
                              Does seem cheap, looking at the price on the 'Dando shaft' perhaps it had condition issues!?

Comment

Working...
                              X