Albums of the year 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pitch View Post
    As recommended in my list above...... so I heartily concur - it's gorgeous.
    Sorry - must have missed that. Did you see him the other night? Super gutted to have missed him. He did a live session yesterday on the rether excellent Bonanza and Son show on Resonance

http://www.mixcloud.com/bonanza-son/...-live-session/

Just under half an hour in...
    Back and to the left... back and to the left... back and to the left

Comment

I don't think anyone has mentioned the Congo Natty album (aka The Rebel MC) - great if you love 94 era jump up jungle....
      www.soundcloud.com/stroud-calling

Comment

Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
        Of late, I have just started enjoying the new(ish) Earthless LP 'From The Ages' and its relentless (but not mindless) psychedelic riffing - five tracks, just over one hours worth of altered consciousness.
        Thanks for reminding me that this is out. Arrived today, Earthless are the best.
        some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by jahshabby View Post
          Did you see him the other night? Super gutted to have missed him. He did a live session yesterday on the rether excellent Bonanza and Son show on Resonance
          No I didn't get too it - I'm gig fatigued now - a year of much live music! Will definitely check out the resonance show. Have you got that 12" EP of his - Pity Trials & Tomorrow's Child - with the pop-psyche amazing 'Trials of Jonathan' - love that one.
          "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

Late entry for me is the Kal Marks LP. Indie rock with a voice sounding like a cross between the boy from smashing pumpkins and the Primus singer. Nice...

http://www.normanrecords.com/records...ife-is-murder-

Comment

I am only listening to this for the first time now but I think it's gonna be an album of the year for me:

"As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
                My non-exhaustive, strictly personal, in no real order after Foxygen top 5 of 2013 is:

FOXYGEN: We Are The 21st Century Ambassadors of Love & Magic
                Had totally missed this - except for one track I can recall from earlier this year - and really love it! Will be purchasing on vinyl post Christmas I think.
                "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by BestDressedChicken View Post
                  I am only listening to this for the first time now but I think it's gonna be an album of the year for me:

I have to agree. I haven't really had a chance to consume this until last weekend due to it's explicit content. Very apt for the corporate times we live in.

Comment

I didnt see it on the list but I liked large parts of "the Uncluded" very much. I wish there would be more stuff like that. Never been a great fan of the Moldy Peaches though.
                    All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Originally posted by pitch View Post
                      Had totally missed this - except for one track I can recall from earlier this year - and really love it! Will be purchasing on vinyl post Christmas I think.
                      You won't regret it!
                      SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
                        The Lancashire Hustlers 'She Was Just an Opportunist' CD has been on as much as anything else on this list. It's very English in it's outlook and bang up my alley.
                        I'm really ooking forward to some quality time with IAN's Lancashire Hustlers CD at Christmas along with another VG+-related CD; Joe Woolleys The Lords of Thyme who have something coming out on Sunstone Records next year I believe?
                        <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

Originally posted by jahshabby View Post
                          And the Jonathan Wilson LP Fanfare. Have I missed a thread on this. It's beautiful and right up the street of many on here I'd have thought
                          Yeah, love that LP (and "Gentle Spirit" for that matter) - saw him in a small venue in Bristol a few weeks ago - insanely tight yet loose. so good!
                          Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

I like this mad Nuyorquina and have just ordered her lp for Christmas. She reminds me of a strange dream I once had about Chaka Khan

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Really enjoying The Asphodells album, sounds like early New Order at times. Is that a lazy comparison?

Just got round to listening to Marci Beaucoup just now and it's sounding like album of the year for me.

Comment

Originally posted by BestDressedChicken View Post
                                Starlito - Cold Turkey (I really need to download Fried Turkey, like now)
                                Migos - YRN (the children of Future and Gucci Mane let rip with ridiculous hooks, trap sounds and bird impressions)
                                Tree - Sunday School 2 (Gravel voiced dude from Chicago kills it)
                                Gucci Mane - Lean (the best of a trilogy from the hardest working man in Atlanta)
                                Gunplay - Acquitted (I actually didn't listen to this half as much as 601 & Snort but I just wanted to get some Gunplay in my list)
                                Ka - Knights Gambit (see above)
                                Lito's Insomnia Addict is up there too...
                                Also, I was kinda sleeping at first but Kevin Gates has had a good year. Both Luca Brasi and Stranger than Fiction came out this year and both contain some very strong material.
                                Young Thug is slaying everything in sight, the 1017 Thug tape was great but he's grown by leaps and bounds since.

also

on the ambient end I have listened to Celestino's Kindling a lot...

Comment

Working...
                                X