Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today I Will Be Mostly Listening To...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Today I Will Be Mostly Listening To...

    dj formatts nu album......me likes it.
    MODZ
    Hero No.9
    Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
    THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

  • #2
    I will be listening to....
    the sound of cars driving past on the street outside my new apartment...
    unless I get on it and find and connect all the wires to my stereo...
    if I do that I'll mostly be listening to Neil Young's 3LP comp Decade that I bought yesterday, mainly because of the tracks Cinamon Girl and Cortez the Killer - but I'm sure there's some other good stuff on it too....
    "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
    and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

    Comment


    • #3
      The new Funky Lowlives album, the Stromba album, the Bluey UK Brit-funk comp...
      http://www.djhistory.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Cherrystones - Entertaining the unobvious mix.

        DOPE!
        www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

        Comment


        • #5
          MC Buzz B > Words Escape Me
          BDP > Ghetto Music
          Aphex Twin > SAW vol 2

          Originally posted by SARGE
          dj formatts nu album......me likes it.
          Any info on this Sarge?
          Official Old School UK Hip Hop T-Shirts available at www.stylewarrior.co.uk

          Comment


          • #6
            I am still listening to 40+ VV Xmas CDs.

            I am also enjoying the Folk Is Not A Four Letter Word.

            What other new stuff should I check?
            records - one a week mixcloud
            records - one a week soundcloud

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Martin Lovegrove
              MC Buzz B > Words Escape Me
              BDP > Ghetto Music
              Aphex Twin > SAW vol 2



              Any info on this Sarge?
              Yeah boss, aint had a real got run at it yet but the sp is good. Usual suspects lined up, abdominal et al and quality sample heavy breaks abound as usual. did you get his mixtape promo cd? its bloody excellent 6/7 real choice acid rock and freakbeaters with a folkfunky flava dropped as well.........and some hip hop

              generally dig on matts material and hes a good bloke.
              MODZ
              Hero No.9
              Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
              THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by left hand corner
                I am still listening to 40+ VV Xmas CDs.

                I am also enjoying the Folk Is Not A Four Letter Word.

                What other new stuff should I check?
                SITKOD is a must i have to say.
                MODZ
                Hero No.9
                Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
                THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

                Comment


                • #9
                  i've just received a promo of the official Cassetteboy album/mix thing on Antidote. it's very good, childish and funny. he's just 'dropped' Kuff Dam by the Happy Mondays at 45rpm, excellent.

                  as for the Cherrystones Entertaining the Unobvious Mix, great to hear Bob Seger getting an airing. reminds me of the RocknRollSoul nights.

                  which reminds me, must get onto ebay and get a copy of the ramblin gamblin man LP.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Nico Gomez
                    i've just received a promo of the official Cassetteboy album/mix thing on Antidote. it's very good, childish and funny. he's just 'dropped' Kuff Dam by the Happy Mondays at 45rpm, excellent.

                    as for the Cherrystones Entertaining the Unobvious Mix, great to hear Bob Seger getting an airing. reminds me of the RocknRollSoul nights.

                    which reminds me, must get onto ebay and get a copy of the ramblin gamblin man LP.
                    Nico, check out Smokin' Ops by bob as well. its a killer.
                    MODZ
                    Hero No.9
                    Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
                    THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SARGE
                      did you get his mixtape promo cd?
                      Yeah Serms?
                      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Bites tongue - counts to 20.
                        www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by SARGE
                          Yeah boss, aint had a real got run at it yet but the sp is good. Usual suspects lined up, abdominal et al and quality sample heavy breaks abound as usual. did you get his mixtape promo cd? its bloody excellent 6/7 real choice acid rock and freakbeaters with a folkfunky flava dropped as well.........and some hip hop

                          generally dig on matts material and hes a good bloke.

                          Mixture of stuff on the go for listening at home and in the motor...

                          Got the promo twelve of Rap Machine. This is the sample heavy cut-up - danceable style I prefer in HipHOP - looking forward to his new LP then, not seen it around yet...what was the CD called - think I saw / got a copy of this somewhere...

                          which is why the (old?) HERO No.7 12" is constantly on rotation since I finally got meself a copy the other week. Shit - that is my cup of char - you guys should be putting a lot more stuff out....get down with it!

                          The Little Barrie LP is the business (- shame about the news on Edwyn Collins)
                          and I've mentioned about Votel's new CD of funkyfolky mellowness.

                          Got a Bunny Wailer 12" from 1980 which is a mad sugarhill meets JA - early rap groove - bizzare and mad party action - he ends up sounding like more like Rufus Thomas than Melle Mel !!

                          An assortment of the funk and funky RnB 45s (- a lot of the stuff I playlisted at the DIG EVERYTHING night) - are mostly pretty new acquistions - so been working out some new chicken scratch moves to these (in private!)

                          Oh yeah, got some new bits through in post from Jazzman like the new Timmion 45 - which is supa dirty drum heavy funk; the JB 12" with that bonkers live version of Cold Sweat and the Egg Roll 45 (why doesn't Keb play more stuff like this anymore??)

                          Might attempt my next VV MIX this weekend but I may well do it and change my mind before May anyway...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Si Cheeba
                            Mixture of stuff on the go for listening at home and in the motor...

                            Got the promo twelve of Rap Machine. This is the sample heavy cut-up - danceable style I prefer in HipHOP - looking forward to his new LP then, not seen it around yet...what was the CD called - think I saw / got a copy of this somewhere...

                            which is why the (old?) HERO No.7 12" is constantly on rotation since I finally got meself a copy the other week. Shit - that is my cup of char - you guys should be putting a lot more stuff out....get down with it!

                            The Little Barrie LP is the business (- shame about the news on Edwyn Collins)
                            and I've mentioned about Votel's new CD of funkyfolky mellowness.

                            Got a Bunny Wailer 12" from 1980 which is a mad sugarhill meets JA - early rap groove - bizzare and mad party action - he ends up sounding like more like Rufus Thomas than Melle Mel !!
                            Back To School? Killer record!
                            http://www.djhistory.com

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by sermad
                              Bites tongue - counts to 20.
                              hmmm.........i get it.
                              MODZ
                              Hero No.9
                              Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
                              THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X