Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what happened to all the Acid folk bands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what happened to all the Acid folk bands?

anyone know what happened to all the acid folk bands they all seem to have vanished
    instagram.com/vinylhoard

too much acid - not enough folk
    Rockwell
    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Originally posted by Paul-K View Post
      anyone know what happened to all the acid folk bands they all seem to have vanished
      that new mona and maria album is worth checking out, i guess it could be shoehorned into that category easily enough...

Comment

They went out of fashion at a guess?
        Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Espers seem to have gone into hibernation. Which is a pity.
          "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

What happened to Circulus?
            some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by pitch View Post
              Espers seem to have gone into hibernation. Which is a pity.
              Greg Weeks has 'retired' to become a teacher.
              SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Perhaps with any scene, 5 or 6 years later, most of the bands have moved on? I happen to know that with regards to The 18th Day of May, the band split up, and the lead singer married a Geordie dude and has now moved back home to the 'States. I know 'cos I was best man at their wedding.
                "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

bloody hell, yeah it is 6 years later, that went fast.
                  instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

It's like Christopher Mayhew tripping his bollocks off in that old documentary...."I am now outside of time....." Where does it go?

Everyone tear down your own little wall
                    That keeps you from being a part of it all
                    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                    You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by medlar View Post
                      What happened to Circulus?
                      Kind of imploded - I think there were 'artistic differences' between the major players and the new version that was fronted by Michael Tyack didn't really take off. Last thing I know he worked on and produced was the reformed/rebooted Spyrogyra's LP (titled 5) in 2011.
                      "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Paul-K View Post
                        bloody hell, yeah it is 6 years later, that went fast.
                        Closer to 10 years really. Musicians can only keep ploughing their furrow and stay creative if they have a regular stream of income to keep them from worrying about real life basics like food, rent, heating etc.

There's a huge difference between being critically acclaimed by music and fashion magazines, the cultural intelligentsia, music forums and internet vinyl sellers and being financially successful. The latter may follow from getting a hit or some hit records but even that's no guarantee. (The golden egg dream of some songwriters; getting a song used in a film, TV series, advert or computer game is also fading fast as revenue streams shrink).

Like the first time round, Acid folk just didn't connect with enough people. It didn't cross over and there's only so long before trawling round the world playing small gigs to small crowds gets tiring.
                        <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

Originally posted by BestDressedChicken View Post
                          Perhaps with any scene, 5 or 6 years later, most of the bands have moved on? I happen to know that with regards to The 18th Day of May, the band split up, and the lead singer married a Geordie dude and has now moved back home to the 'States. I know 'cos I was best man at their wedding.

Ben from 18thDOM plays with Bonnie Dobson now

Comment

Originally posted by pitch View Post
                            Kind of imploded - I think there were 'artistic differences' between the major players and the new version that was fronted by Michael Tyack didn't really take off. Last thing I know he worked on and produced was the reformed/rebooted Spyrogyra's LP (titled 5) in 2011.
                            Their third self funded album was a bit too full of misery and recrimination to be as enjoyable as the first two. Pity. I loved that band.
                            Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Originally posted by emperor tomato ketchup View Post
                              Their third self funded album was a bit too full of misery and recrimination to be as enjoyable as the first two. Pity. I loved that band.
                              Fear ye not. When the orbits of general public opinion, critics musings, and the new wave of acid folkers coincide in 10 years time the Circulus lps will be raers!
                              some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Working...
                              X