Free, collection of Record Collector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free, collection of Record Collector

A friend just got in touch asking if I or anyone I knew would be interested in a more or less complete run of Record Collector going back to about 1994. No money involved, but the whole lot must go. He's in Saffron Walden, Essex. They would need picking up. Going in the recycling in a couple of days if nobody wants them. If you want them,PM me.
    Everyone tear down your own little wall
    That keeps you from being a part of it all
    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
    You've just got to be close to it all

I got a loft full ! not sure why ....good luck to your friend
    Rockwell
    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Ian Townsend picked up a load recently. Maybe he'd want these too.
      new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Ha ha ! ...I've just been tearing out the pages I want from mine, and bunging the rest in the recycling. Back to April 2001 so far....they start at June 1980 !!
        "Cover condition:Is perfect except on back cover theres an area of dirty smudge dont know what it is and covers a bit wrinkled which im sure could be flattened out"

http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set...6018553&type=3

Comment

Originally posted by Col Wolfe View Post
          Ian Townsend picked up a load recently. Maybe he'd want these too.
          I did! (x10) got me a complete run from the 1st issue in 1979 through to December 2008 or thereabouts.

Delighted to have them as it saves me from having to wade through them in the British Library, but the huge unexpected plus was collecting them from a house called 'Graceland.'

The full-size portrait of Elvis painted on his garage door and life-size model of Elvis inside a garden shrine was just the start. The interior of his house was absolutely insane. Re-visiting him in Spring with my camera and will post the pics up in 'finds.'
          <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Townsend View Post
            I did! (x10) got me a complete run from the 1st issue in 1979 through to December 2008 or thereabouts.

Delighted to have them as it saves me from having to wade through them in the British Library, but the huge unexpected plus was collecting them from a house called 'Graceland.'

The full-size portrait of Elvis painted on his garage door and life-size model of Elvis inside a garden shrine was just the start. The interior of his house was absolutely insane. Re-visiting him in Spring with my camera and will post the pics up in 'finds.'
            ** Note to Hayden. This is NOT Fen Elvis.

Comment

Or Mickey Jay King.
              SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
                Or Mickey Jay King.
                He lives! https://m.facebook.com/events/378149592274052/

Comment

I was a bit obsessed with Micky at one point. I made a little film about him. He's a good performer, and an interesting guy.

Comment

Do you still have the film? He's a decent chap - used to see him down the Maltsters quite a bit when I was house-sharing in Ranworth. We were in the same darts team for a while

Comment

It's on a VHS tape somewhere. I may come across it in my midden one day. It wasn't technically very good, but Micky was cool. I pitched the idea to Anglia TV first and they thought it over for a bit before saying 'no, I think we're going to go with two thousand episodes of Trisha'.

I interviewed him at his house in Heathersett and he told me that he never listened to Elvis because, when he decided to become an impersonator, he listened to nothing else for weeks until he had honed his act to perfection, and now he had 'become' Elvis he didn't need to revisit the real thing.

Comment

They are Legion.

I always had him down as a Mile Cross type.

Comment

Mmn, it was nearly eighteen years ago. It was a council estate just out of the city, and that's not Heathersett is it? Any other rough parts of the city beginning with 'h'? EDIT: HEARTEASE!!

Comment

Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
                            Mmn, it was nearly eighteen years ago. It was a council estate just out of the city, and that's not Heathersett is it? Any other rough parts of the city beginning with 'h'? EDIT: HEARTEASE!!
                            Eastside Massive. Classic old style council estate.

Comment

So that's a no then?
                              Everyone tear down your own little wall
                              That keeps you from being a part of it all
                              Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                              You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Working...
                              X