Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come there's hardly any info on Alan Tew?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come there's hardly any info on Alan Tew?

All I've managed to find is the Wikipedia page and that's about it.

This is the only picture I've ever seen

I would have thought that such a prolific composer would have a lot of information about them.

Drama Suite I, Drama Suite Part II, Themes International, Bullett Hanged Man, Contour

There's a few different pictures of him on the cover of "The Magnificent Swingers".... I say pictures, I mean heads.

Comment

Thanks for that, I did read through a couple of old threads where it was mentioned that he might of passed away but there wasn't much else.

Comment

It's annoying there's so little out there - he deserves better! There's a little bit about him in John Schroeder's book, but no info on whether he's still with us or what he's been up to lately.

Comment

Seem to remember reading somewhere that he died about 15 years ago but could be wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by peretti View Post
            Seem to remember reading somewhere that he died about 15 years ago but could be wrong...

That sounds about right actually, I did a quick search for his full name Alan Stanley Tew and it came up with a result from Ancestry.com, there's only one person with that name on the result and he died in Norfolk in 1997 so it could be him.

Comment

Sadly, I think that might be the case. Maybe the folks over the over at starborne.net can tell you more...

Comment

Sadly, I think that might be the case. Maybe the folks over the over at starborne.net can tell you more...
                Just sent them a message, hopefully they'll get back to me.

Comment

I speculatively sent the question to a Youtube user earlier today and unfortunately he confirmed what we'd thought. But, it turns out that he's Alan's son and is happy to answer questions....

Comment

I speculatively sent the question to a Youtube user earlier today and unfortunately he confirmed what we'd thought. But, it turns out that he's Alan's son and is happy to answer questions....
                    That's a shame, good work for finding him though. I think it would be a good idea to get some more information about Alan and update that wiki entry.

Comment

I really rate his version "Light Flight" (from the "Let's Fly" LP). Played it when I guested on OST.
                      Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

I love the whole Let's Fly LP, I just wish I knew where my copy was. That and 'The Magnificent Westerns' are for my money his best LPs from his CBS period.

Perhaps we should invite Alan's son on here? Sad to hear Tew Sr. is no longer with us.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Thames View Post

Perhaps we should invite Alan's son on here? Sad to hear Tew Sr. is no longer with us.
                          Good idea, I've just sent him a message inviting him to the forum.

Comment

That makes two of us!

Comment

Working...
                            X