Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• effi_deep
    replied
    yeah...i thought of that. i was sure if i gonna post something about liverpool, you guys have to come up with the "reds"!:-) but i'm not bad, i like them too. what i also like is the development of the threads. it originally started with searching for some recordshops and it ends with the last results from the reds. (how about what we're eating for breakfast?) isn't it great! it's so much more than a boring recordcollectorforum(who needs that anyway). i love it!!:-)
    Last edited by effi_deep; 05-03-2005, 03:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Col Wolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by SARGE
    agreed. PLUS ITS THE HOME OF THE MIGHTY REDS!!!!!
    How did they get on Sunday by the way???

Leave a comment:

• SARGE
    replied
    Originally posted by Little Jimmy Oddman
    Le Bateau is still there, downstairs is increasingly student indie, upstairs is brilliant sixties stuff. Magnet has good nights...

Agreed Hairy and Probe are the places to shop really. The places across the road from Probe and next to Quiggins have closed. Some nice dusty old pile 'em high charity digging a short train ride away as well (Waterloo).

There is also a place called 69A which sells second hand vinyl and lots of nice other collectables. Go down the side-street next to Oxfam and it's on the road you come to, just to the right.

Make sure you get to Tate Liverpool/Albert Dock/waterfront as well. Unmissable.
    agreed. PLUS ITS THE HOME OF THE MIGHTY REDS!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Little Jimmy Oddman
    replied
    Le Bateau is still there, downstairs is increasingly student indie, upstairs is brilliant sixties stuff. Magnet has good nights...

Agreed Hairy and Probe are the places to shop really. The places across the road from Probe and next to Quiggins have closed. Some nice dusty old pile 'em high charity digging a short train ride away as well (Waterloo).

There is also a place called 69A which sells second hand vinyl and lots of nice other collectables. Go down the side-street next to Oxfam and it's on the road you come to, just to the right.

Make sure you get to Tate Liverpool/Albert Dock/waterfront as well. Unmissable.

Leave a comment:

• effi_deep
    replied
    thanks! i certainly will check out the stores when i get there!

Leave a comment:

• Ziggy_Stardust_72
    replied
    Hairy Records ?

Probe Records for new Vinyl, Hairy Records for 2nd Hand "Collector" stuff. Quigins is of course well worth a visit for old clothes Records, books and junk. There is also Vinyl Frontier next to Quigins which is nothing special, but if you are there etc .The Magnet Bar is worth a visit (if you can find it!) and there are also a few record shops which I think are accross the road from Probe. Pop into Oxfam these people vused alue records straight out the book regardless of condition, so don't be surprised to see Records that look like they have been trampled on going for silly money.

Leave a comment:

• son of stan
    replied
    Hairy Records on Bold Street is excellent for second hand gear.

Leave a comment:

• SARGE
    replied
    Originally posted by effi_deep
    i'm going to visit liverpool sometime in the next months (cause my sister is living there) and of course i will not return from the beat city without taking some nice records with me. i've heard it isn't the best city to buy some vinyl...but my sister isn't the biggest digger either, so i can't tell...
    does anybody now cool stores, spots or something i shouldn't miss?
    probe is prob the one i remember.....think some diggin would be required elsewhere tho. good club a t le bateau.....dunno if its still there...liquidation it was called alt & 60s stuff eurobeat ye-ye et al. good club.

Leave a comment:

• effi_deep
    started a topic Spots in Liverpool

Spots in Liverpool

i'm going to visit liverpool sometime in the next months (cause my sister is living there) and of course i will not return from the beat city without taking some nice records with me. i've heard it isn't the best city to buy some vinyl...but my sister isn't the biggest digger either, so i can't tell...
    does anybody now cool stores, spots or something i shouldn't miss?
Working...
X