Bruce Haack documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruce Haack documentary

Two days ago Swedish television aired a documentary on Bruce Haack(!). Just goes to show the things I have to be grateful for hiphop/rap making possible (apart from the numerous reissues and comps with great music that were released in the wake of the growing popularity of these genres) even though I can't like that modern music at all...
    Anyway - the doc was great, starting with telling us how he smoked mescalin with indians at the age of 8.
    Some cool footage from American television including a great one where he had put aluminum foil on the belly of a pianist and some strange bracelet on his own hand - then he could stand behind the piano player (as he performed) and rub his forehead with his hands - thus creating some theremine-like sounds...
    Also cool to see completely average grown-up americans talk about how fun it was to live on Haacks street because he would let them in to play with weird electronic musical devices he built...
    Money Mark, Tipsy, Anubian Lights and others talked about how he was am influence for their music...
    And that last album he recorded when he'd grown bitter, Haackula, where he sings things like "life is shit" accompanied by absolutely fantastic electropop... whooaaahh....

QUESTION: What is the story on Haackula - has it ever seen a commercial (or bootleg or whatever) release? At the time the record company objected to the lyrics and withdrew it...

Lastly, I had no idea Party Machine was recorded with help by Russell Simmons - and what a fantastic last recording to be made.....
    "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
    and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Hi there Brainbomb.

Did you record it by any chance? If so. I would love a copy.

Let me know.

Cheers,
    David S.
    God bless Fatso.

Comment

i have the Haackula Lp in Mp3 - get it of me on soulseek..
      http://www.iueke.com/

Comment

Originally posted by soundsville
        Hi there Brainbomb.

Did you record it by any chance? If so. I would love a copy.

Let me know.

Cheers,
        David S.
        bruce haacks "party machine" featured an extended "dance mix" by russell simmons.upon which he even shouts out kurtis blow,and unfortunatly was never released at the time.
        although "party machine" was finally released in the late 90,s upon QDK,s electronic toys comp...... i would also love a copy.if you managed to record it...
        "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers
          i would also love a copy.if you managed to record it...
          Well... unfortunately I did not record it... I moved to a new apartment this week and had no computer connected to check the forum until now - otherwise if I had known people here wanted a copy I could have taped the re-run... unfortunately it's too late now. Sorry - any other Swedes hanging about this forum that taped it, maybe?
          "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
          and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Brainbomb
            Well... unfortunately I did not record it... I moved to a new apartment this week and had no computer connected to check the forum until now - otherwise if I had known people here wanted a copy I could have taped the re-run... unfortunately it's too late now. Sorry - any other Swedes hanging about this forum that taped it, maybe?
            thanks anyway.shame i would of loved to have seen it...
            "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Electric Lucifer, one very special record for me. People call it a Proto-Techno mind shaper, but I call it beautiful baby.

Very special.
              it's time for some heartbeats

Comment

what a prick tease! (no offence)
                kraut rock ist nicht tot!
                http://www.myspace.com/andyvotel
                http://www.myspace.com/voteldesign

Comment

i didnt record this either but i think some friend might have. i will check them and try to transfer it it to some other format

/Jens
                  rick wakeman´s keyboard

Comment

The documentary is possible to buy (I think)
                    It's called: Haack - the king of techno
                    check out http://www.haackmovie.com/

Comment

being shown at the Cube Cinema in Bristol next month, I believe - no doubt along with some kind of odd musical shenanigans. They showed the Robert Moog documentary - which is amazing - a few days ago, preceded by an excellent improvised set from Adrian Utley and crew on assorted bits of vintage kit.. top night out, in fact!
                      We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

my friend recorded the thing offf TV i will try to convert it to a proper format for downloading (through soulseek)
                        rick wakeman´s keyboard

Comment

Originally posted by john stapleton
                          being shown at the Cube Cinema in Bristol next month, I believe - no doubt along with some kind of odd musical shenanigans. They showed the Robert Moog documentary - which is amazing - a few days ago, preceded by an excellent improvised set from Adrian Utley and crew on assorted bits of vintage kit.. top night out, in fact!
                          Yep, agreed - tho unfortunately it was poorly documented ( by me for the cube ) - due to busyness / diorganisation I missed the first half of the performance and flusteredly videoed the second - thought there would be 2 cameras as there usually are for 'big' gigs but no - not even a desk recording was made! ( The Cube's suffering a bit at the moment from nearly all the volunteers suffering with a series of viri / bad colds )

What I saw ( and heard ) really was amazing tho!
                          Laminated with Clarifoil™

also see : davidhopkinson.org

Comment

Working...
                          X