1986 Street Sounds Documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 Street Sounds Documentary

I've nicked this link off the Faith board, so sorry if you've already seen it.

A 1986 documentary about Morgan Khan's Streetsounds (then) empire featuring Hugh Laurie, Steve Walsh, the legendary James Hamilton and (you couldn't make this up) Jesuit priests dancing at the Wag!

it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
    take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Originally posted by Saint Jude View Post
    I've nicked this link off the Faith board, so sorry if you've already seen it.

A 1986 documentary about Morgan Khan's Streetsounds (then) empire featuring Hugh Laurie, Steve Walsh, the legendary James Hamilton and (you couldn't make this up) Jesuit priests dancing at the Wag!
    Excellent viewing...thanks for that. Proud as hell to spot my brothers name adorning a Street Sounds article on the stroke of 15.29! Had I blinked...I'd have missed it.
    <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

fantastic, what a great little film. fascinating character. cheers for posting.

Comment

knew nothing at all about this genre / era of music .... enjoyed this mate - cheers for posting
        Rockwell
        Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Cheers for posting that. Not lacking in belief was Mr Khan..
          Things ain't getting no brighter, load ain't getting no lighter.........

http://www.mixcloud.com/Ian_Barker/

Comment

Red Records in Brixton! Sadly now long gone. I remember one year in particular when Eric B and Rakim were on constant rotation and the sound boomed out of the front door
            some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

haha love the dancing priests!

Comment

takes a record out, and puts it back in the wrong place! skills.
                instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Minor thread hijack but Streetsounds- related.

Does anyone know why the original Streetsounds Jazz Juice comps on CD are so damn hard- to- find / raer?
                  I'm talking here about the original CD releases on Streetsounds with almost identical covers to the LPs, not the Beechwood reissues which have completely different covers.

I know for sure they were only issued in Canada between 1985 and 1988 but is that the explanation?
                  <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

For those not aware of Street Sounds fate, 2 years later this happened:

I loved Street Scene magazine. It had a great roster of columnists inc Richard Searling, Ian Levine, Steve Rumney and Ralph Tee.
                    it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
                    take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

Working...
                    X