Mighty Baby - Egyptian Tomb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mighty Baby - Egyptian Tomb

Someone recommended this to me, thinking I might like it. I believe it's quite collectible. Is it any cop and how rare is it on a scale of 1-10?
    http://www.djhistory.com

someone was asking about that in the snippets section
    here is a link http://www.8ung.at/rahel-and-the-cav...yptiankurz.mp3

i reckon it sounds like the beta band.

they are ex-members of mod-faves The Action.

Comment

Yeah, knew the Action... Oooh it's pretty nice. Can everyone stop bidding on it if they it on eBay until I've got a copy, please? Ta

It actually sounds a bit like one of the tracks on Ice Cream For Crow, but obviously without Captain Beefheart's faintly terrifying singing over the top.
      http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Im sure AV stuck this on one of his mixs. Maybe SITKOD.

Went for a tidy sum on ebay... They did two lps. Both seem pretty pricey too.

Last edited by sermad; 25-02-2005, 05:37 PM.
        www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

ooh, just checked ebay and it seems that mighty baby then morphed into gang called THE HABIBIYYA playing eastern psych.

does anyone know the album 'If Man But Knew'?

sounds as if it might be good

Comment

i used this in an old soul strut mix (sadly for me it was Teddy Rosso's LP), you can hear it on their site still.

it's a stunning track from a great band. the OG LP was on Head, came out in UK and USA, goes for 60-80 quid or more on either pressing. there's a bootie reissue of the LP on vinyl called 'Egyptian Tomb' and Ace reissued it on CD too.

rareness? 7 or 8 on LP. it really doesn't turn up often and is sought after by pysch collectors so it's well known as an expensive record by dealers.
            http://www.blaxploitation.com
            Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

I love this track. I didn't know there was a 45. I shall not rest until one is mine. I think it sounds a lot like The Stone Roses.

Sermad it's on the Cherrystones / Sean Rowley thing. That might be what you're thinking of.

Comment

YES!. Thank u there B. I knew it was something to do with them lot.

PS there is a new cherrystones mix on the poptones sight as of TODAY. Havent got it yet.
                www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Roger (Powell) refuses to talk about Habibiyya!!!!

small interview
                  Last edited by Col Wolfe; 25-02-2005, 06:08 PM.
                  new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Originally posted by sermad
                    YES!. Thank u there B. I knew it was something to do with them lot.

PS there is a new cherrystones mix on the poptones sight as of TODAY. Havent got it yet.

Getting it now. Cheers.

Comment

Mighty Baby are indeed pretty great, I am happily resigning myself to the Big Beat CD for the time being. Well worth hearing anyway.
                      Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

hmmm, i'm really liking this 'egyptian tomb' track- i've been listening to it on the cherrystones mix a lot.. is the rest of the lp as good as this track?

Comment

Originally posted by hayes
                          hmmm, i'm really liking this 'egyptian tomb' track- i've been listening to it on the cherrystones mix a lot.. is the rest of the lp as good as this track?

follow that link. there you can listen to the entire album (as real or wma files).

http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/stor...131157,00.html

pretty cool i think. but egyptian tomb is by far the best track on it!
                          Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

Comment

Originally posted by Nico Gomez
                            ooh, just checked ebay and it seems that mighty baby then morphed into gang called THE HABIBIYYA playing eastern psych.

does anyone know the album 'If Man But Knew'?

sounds as if it might be good

its a very cool record. i don't have it myself but a friend of mine digs it a lot. i only listened to it once, but there was one outstanding track...but i can't tell you any more. i really can't remember...the only thing i know is, that after i had listened to it, i just putted it on my wantlist (and i still want it really bad!!) but it never turned up so far. the coolest thing: i didn't know that HABIBIYYA has some old members of mighty baby. seems pretty cool to me...
                            Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

Comment

Originally posted by Col Wolfe
                              Roger (Powell) refuses to talk about Habibiyya!!!!

small interview
                              Frankly, not the least bit surprising. The Habibiyya LP is disappointing, especially if you're looking for a similar sound to Mighty Baby. It has a mystical Islamic theme running through it. Better off, finding the LP's they played on: Keith Christmas' Stimulus, Reg King, and, Robin Scott's Woman from the Warm Grass. Egyptian Tomb is tops. They do a nice version of Coltrane's India on that Glastonbury LP.

Comment

Working...
                              X