Bobbye Hall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobbye Hall

Just wondered if anyone would recommend her only solo LP from 1977 - Body Language For Lovers? For those that don't know, she was one of the few female session musicians working in the 60s / 70s - playing percussion for many Motown recordings amongst many (she's on Tom Waits' Blue Valentine too).... The solo LP has an interesting line up of musicians including Dorothy Ashby on harp...... but I have no idea if it all sounds like the only youtube clip I could find - I hope it does!

Any other good Bobbye Hall tracks? Stories?
    "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

vaguely positive buy recommendation here, prob a 6.5/10… smooth, well produced, bit lacking in something i could never quite place

she's also on Bill Withers' "live at carnegie hall" amongst tons of other stuff. Bill says some very nice things about her on one of the tracks, will dig out and play today, feels like a Bill Withers day somehow.

Comment

Thanks Alan - I'll give it a whirl as I've located a cheap copy. I think she's on a few of Bill Withers' LPs.....
      "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
      X