Brillo - Thursday 30th Jan 2014 - The Strongrooms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brillo - Thursday 30th Jan 2014 - The Strongrooms

It's only 26 days until Brillo moves to its new venue!!!

Below are the details I posted a while back when the venue was confirmed to inform anyone that's not ventured down before and to refresh the memories of those that have.

If you've never been then make it your new year's resolution to get down to the Strongrooms, meet some people from the board, have a beer or two and possibly even play some tunes.

So who's coming?

Gents, it's the news you've all been waiting for.

Brillo is coming back!

In the New Year we will be moving to:

Strongroom
    120-124 Curtain Road
    Shoreditch

Thu: 09:00 - 01:00
    Fri: 09:00 - 02:00

http://www.strongroombar.com/

I went along a couple of weeks ago to meet with the manager and to discuss us moving Brillo there from January onwards. He had heard of Brillo, liked the posters that I sent him from previous Brillo events (thanks Pitch!) and enjoyed the links to various tunes that have been played at recent Brillos!

Brillo will run as a monthly event alternating between a Thursday night one month and a Friday the following month.

Brillo will be the last Thursday of the month on a bi-monthly basis starting:

Thursday 30th Jan.

Future dates will then be:

Thursday 27th March
    Thursday 29th May
    Thursday 31st July

These Thursday nights will run as per previous Brillos.

For those that don't know what Brillo is or haven't been before; the basic premise of the night is to play tunes that you found that month, this will now extend to what you have found over the previous two months. The decks are open to those that post on the board and running orders are sorted out on the night. The length of sets depend on the amount of people that want to play. New comers are always welcome to come along and play although it might be an idea to come to one first, introduce yourself to the regulars then bring along a bag of tunes to the next event.

I have also managed to secure a bi-monthly Friday night event too (Brillo Plus!)

Dates for this are:

Friday 28th Feb
    Friday 25th April
    Friday 27th June

These nights will be arranged slightly differently.

Those that want to play can pm me to let me know specific dates they would like to play in advance. I will then contact 4 people to dj for each of the events. This will allow those that want to play to play longer sets.

The owner has asked me to publicise these nights via posters (pretty please Pitch), flyers and via social media. I will need to get my act together with regards the Facebook page ensuring that it gets updated regularly both in the lead up to nights and post events with set lists, pictures, etc. For those of you on Twitter it would be great if you could also give Brillo a mention on there now and then.

I'm really excited about the move and I hope you are too.

The bar is great, he staff seem really friendly and they have a massive selection of beers!!!!

I'd love to hear your thoughts on our move.

I really hope the board will get fully behind this and make it the success that it deserves to be!

Get these dates in your diary now!

Good luck with the move and the new venue guys....I look forward to seeing the set lists.
    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
      Good luck with the move and the new venue guys....I look forward to seeing the set lists.
      Cheers!

Comment

Looks like you've put loads of work into this already. Best of luck with it, and one of my resolutions is to make it down there
        Everyone tear down your own little wall
        That keeps you from being a part of it all
        Because you've got to be one with the one and all
        You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Booked in see you there
          Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

Thanks for all the hard work on this Mark & sorry I'm going to miss the opening night. See you in Feb though

Comment

Top work Mark!

I'll be able to come to some this year. Will get back to you asap to confirm January or February attendance (or both!).
              <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

I'm there.

Comment

I'll be going.
                  Boy George knew my father

Comment

are we really running for 16 hours every session?

Comment

Originally posted by alanmck View Post

Plenty of time for all to get a go on the decks then...

Comment

Originally posted by alanmck View Post
                        No. Did you not read, Fridays are seventeen hours.
                        You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post

Plenty of time for all to get a go on the decks then...
                          Yes or as I like to think of it one jazz track!

Comment

Two weeks today people!!

Comment

Originally posted by llmod1 View Post
                              Two weeks today people!!
                              Nice.

Mark and idea how late it realistically finishes? Are we likely to have someone to play until the end?
                              Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

Working...
                              X