Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has got an OG copy of Pleasure - Dust Yourself Off LP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has got an OG copy of Pleasure - Dust Yourself Off LP?

Boring thread but can I just ask for any of those on the board with an OG press of the above record to check against their copy. I already own a reissue from the 00's bought in Fopp. It's a damn convincing reissue with proper heavy pasted card sleeve (rather than the usual glossy single card sleeves Scorpio were reissuing throughout the 00's).

I just bought a copy on Discogs (as per the pics) sold as an OG and I checked some details before buying just to clarify. It came down to the fact that his previously sealed copy came in a white square inner sleeve (predominantly used in the 70's) rather than the 4 curved corner inner used pretty much on 90% on US LP's from the early 80's (which incidentally my Fopp copy came in) so I agreed to go ahead with the purchase.

I have received the copy from Discogs but it's exactly the same as my Fopp copy ie runout info, label appearance etc. Discogs OG entry doesn't have runout info but the reissue does....

http://www.discogs.com/Pleasure-Dust...release/541142

I rang Sayers to check his OG and his runout info on both sides is limited to just a few numbers.

On checking Popsike I can see that the one obvious difference on the label is that the writing on the bottom curve of the OG (Fantasy Records, Berkeley, California) is written in red whilst my 2 copies are written in black.

So to me this copy is definitely reissue but before I advise the seller I just wanted some VG+ back-up. Cheers chaps.

PS I wouldn't be surprised if a few people have been caught out online buying and selling this one online as an OG.
    "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

I let my OG go a while back but I'd agree with you. Definite reissue feel about those pics. A gut thing but doesn't look quite right to me. Sorry I can't be more specific...
    Things ain't getting no brighter, load ain't getting no lighter.........

http://www.mixcloud.com/Ian_Barker/

Comment

If my eyes aren't deceiving me the shrink has a join in the middle of the cover. If so, definite reissue IMHO
      it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
      take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

Originally posted by Knitwearfan View Post
        I let my OG go a while back but I'd agree with you. Definite reissue feel about those pics. A gut thing but doesn't look quite right to me. Sorry I can't be more specific...
        Thanks for the response...appreciate that.

Awaiting your label and runout info Mr Sayers

PS Where are all the Timmydigalots on this site....have we really become so removed from the classic tepid jazz funk we were all chasing in the 90's
        "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Jude View Post
          If my eyes aren't deceiving me the shrink has a join in the middle of the cover. If so, definite reissue IMHO
          Cheers H....that was another little thing that had me pondering.

Comment

Here you go Nige mate -

Ignore me man...That text at the bottom is indeed red!

Run out grooves are - F-9473 A/F-9473 B
            "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Cheers Craig...much appreciated mate.

Comment

I spotted five differences.
                Do I win anything?
                Vardy.....¬°¬°¬°PELIGRO!!!

Comment

No prize I'm afraid but I could sell you a reissue of the Pleasure lp for a good price (I would insert a smilie here but the ipad refuses to allow me).

Originally posted by babycart View Post
                  I spotted five differences.
                  Do I win anything?

Comment

Working...
                  X