Madlib in Radio France record library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madlib in Radio France record library

Madlib's music does nothing for me but I do like seeing large collections of good records.

http://www.rappcats.com/madlib-radio...ecord-library/
    "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Jarvis did one of his 6Music shows from the archive earlier this year, tres interessant.

Comment

The girl is almost as bad as Kirsten Dunst in that hiphop dance film.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
        The girl is almost as bad as Kirsten Dunst in that hiphop dance film.
        She was doing my head in too!

Thanks for sharing Nige mate, wouldn't mind going through their French libraries on them shelves!

BTW...I find Madlib a giant snooze fest too, just don't get what all the hype is about...
        "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

I like Madlib's music. I like rooms full of records. I like pretty french/ american girls. I like sitting down dancing. I like rolling shelves with wheels. That was an excruciating 14 minutes though. Just guessing, but I think Madlib might have got laid in the 14 minutes that followed.
          I know your game Lionel! I can see what you really are!

Comment

Originally posted by Brass Monkey View Post
            That was an excruciating 14 minutes though.
            Yes. Some Can Can music, high kicking and Madlib flashing his frilly knickers and whoopìng would have livened it up no end.
            Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Isn't he supposed to be in a 'kid in a candy store' scenario? Maybe he should tell his face, the big misery!!? Maybe being interviewed by trustfund hipsters isn't his thing?
              Also - given access to a humongous amount of records presumably unavailable anywhere else, why does he choose the Melvin Van Peebles soundtrack and a couple of dull hip hop tracks as part of a limited playlist? Surely, it should be all killer Gallic monsters??
              "Here comes the Fun Cooker!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Slim Jim View Post
                Isn't he supposed to be in a 'kid in a candy store' scenario? Maybe he should tell his face, the big misery!!?
                He was probably fed up he wasn´t allowed to take them home. He happily admitted to stealing records from his college library in an early copy of Wax Poetics once.
                Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slim Jim View Post
                  Isn't he supposed to be in a 'kid in a candy store' scenario? Maybe he should tell his face, the big misery!!? Maybe being interviewed by trustfund hipsters isn't his thing?
                  Also - given access to a humongous amount of records presumably unavailable anywhere else, why does he choose the Melvin Van Peebles soundtrack and a couple of dull hip hop tracks as part of a limited playlist? Surely, it should be all killer Gallic monsters??

Indeed - I think if they'd let me in there I'd be grinning from ear to ear the whole time.

Now - who does the invites at the BBC Radio library I wonder...

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post

Now - who does the invites at the BBC Radio library I wonder...

*cough*
                    Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

In hip hop circles he seems to be one of those producers that gets away with using big samples but not necessarily making interesting music as a result of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brass Monkey View Post
                        I think Madlib might have got laid in the 14 minutes that followed.
                        Hopefully someone got something out of making the video.

Comment

Also, if you're interviewing someone who calls someone "the Coltrane of Hiphop" you MUST follow-up with "how so" or please explain"!

Comment

I like the way Madlib does 'air sampling'...

He seems alright, but then I really like some of his stuff - although by no means all - and seeing him with Dilla at Jazz Cafe a few years back was really quite something.
                            Back and to the left... back and to the left... back and to the left

Comment

I saw her in an interview with SOHN and she was equally as bad. To be fair though, if I was interviewing Madlib I might gush a little!

Comment

Working...
                              X