January 2014 New Releases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 2014 New Releases

The Balduin single is up for preorder now from Sunstone. You Know it makes sense.

http://www.sunstonerecords.co.uk/sho...mour-forest-ep
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

cheers for the big up SK - it's a lovely ep and it's been a total pleasure working with another Swiss artiste !! i should have the actual vinyl in my hand by this time next week , 4 tracks - wee bit pricier than the Grobe but if you dig the Millenium,Billy Nicholls and perfect sun kissed pop you need a copy ...
    Rockwell
    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Looking forward to the latest collaboration between Damien Jurado and Richard Swift, 'Brothers and Sisters of the Eternal Son', out at the end of the month.

Comment

My wife heard this on 6Music today and loved it!

Comment

This release may well be up a few peeps on here's street :

Triptides - Predictions
          Limited edition of 250 on sky blue or sea foam coloured vinyl
          http://strollonrecords.bigcartel.com...es-predictions

You can hear set you free from the album here : http://triptides.bandcamp.com/track/set-you-free-2

Comment

Originally posted by kestrel blazer View Post
            Looking forward to the latest collaboration between Damien Jurado and Richard Swift, 'Brothers and Sisters of the Eternal Son', out at the end of the month.

I flagged this up a few days back (can't remember where I posted it!) and, like yourself, thought it sounded great, so checked out a few bits on Youtube, and found nothing that came close to this. I'd never heard of him before. If you are familiar with him, anything recommended?
            Everyone tear down your own little wall
            That keeps you from being a part of it all
            Because you've got to be one with the one and all
            You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
              I flagged this up a few days back (can't remember where I posted it!) and, like yourself, thought it sounded great, so checked out a few bits on Youtube, and found nothing that came close to this. I'd never heard of him before. If you are familiar with him, anything recommended?
              This and the last two records records 'Maraqopa' and 'Saint Bartlett' feature the production skills of Richard Swift, which has led to this new sound I guess. I first heard Damien Jurado on 'Rehearsals for Departure', and his old stuff is more Americana. You could try some Richard Swift, here's 'Lady Luck' from 'American Ocean.'

Comment

Howeefeels 'People of the World' is now available from Juno. Clear vinyl 300 copies only. Nice break at the end for people who like that sort of thing, loping Sly Stone style funk on B side.
                http://www.juno.co.uk/products/howee...per/516000-01/

Comment

Why's it eleven pounds for a seven inch though?

Comment

Originally posted by Filthy Rich View Post
                    Why's it eleven pounds for a seven inch though?
                    Yes, it's not cheap. I guess because it's only 300 copies and it's imported. When it was announced last year I was hoping they'd get some over here because the postage from the US was ridiculous- so it is cheaper than sending there for it. It's £12.99 at Soul Brother! It's a great record. I'd rather not pay £11 for a 7" but such is the life of the hump backed whale. For me it was £11 well spent because every time I play it I think great, great, great.

Comment

Yeah, fair point. I'd rather pay eleven for something I love than half the price for something that's ok. And let's face it, we've all paid a lot more than that for many an old seven inch right?

Comment

Originally posted by Filthy Rich View Post
                        Yeah, fair point. I'd rather pay eleven for something I love than half the price for something that's ok. And let's face it, we've all paid a lot more than that for many an old seven inch right?
                        You're not wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
                          I'd rather not pay £11 for a 7" but such is the life of the hump backed whale.
                          Quite a definitive forum statement here.
                          Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Lots going on my wants list here. As I'm not around these parts all that often, I feel like I need a sticky with a list of labels and associated projects run by forum members
                            FunkyDown
                            Facebook | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

Comment

Forever Pavot - Miguel el Salam 7" now up for pre-sale in my Big Cartel shop (The Sound of Salvation), actual release date is 28th January.
                              Hope you like it

The Sound of Salvation blog

Final Upgrade Genuine Archive Item
                              Vault mint

Comment

Working...
                              X