Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

These Xmas Swap CD are BLOWING MY MIND!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These Xmas Swap CD are BLOWING MY MIND!!!!!!

Will people please stop making such good Xmas CDs?????

Every time I listen to one I think its the bees knees and then I play another one and that's amazing too!
    Where do you people find such brilliant obscure music?
    I even caught Mrs E tapping her toe to Medlar's CD and Paul-K's got her dancing!!!!
    At this rate I won't be able to do a serious review of anything until June

Seriously, I think this is one of the best swaps we've had in years with increadibly breadth, depth and quality. And I think the cover artwork is also great this year

Thanks guys.
    "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Mmmm… this was always going to be a danger of not participating, but I am starting to feel a little gutted...
    Back and to the left... back and to the left... back and to the left

Comment

Originally posted by Expiry2011 View Post
      I even caught Mrs E tapping her toe to Medlar's CD

This really has gone far enough!

some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by Expiry2011 View Post
        I even caught Mrs E tapping her toe to Medlar's CD and Paul-K's got her dancing!!!!.
        excellent news
        instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Paul K should post his tracklist in the appropriate thread, then we can all get commenting on his disk and stuff.

Comment

I agree completely. What I am really loving is the wide range of stuff, it's killing me. So many people seem to have come with a concept this year, and it's usually something new and different that I haven't heard of before. I am so glad I did the mad last minute race to take part.

Also, I really need to write a review of Eine's - this one is really special.
            "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

Hey thanks! Still got to ask some questions of yours too.

I have had to take it slow with the CDs so far due to weird amounts of work and lack of CD player in the places where that work occurs.

The one's I have listened to have been great, but I have been a bit lax on commenting. Have only managed to load a few up to my mp3 player, and that's been key to my listening so far.
              Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Originally posted by eine View Post
                Have only managed to load a few up to my mp3 player, and that's been key to my listening so far.
                This is what I need to do.. But first to say properly thank you to Secret Santa!
                the monkey speaks his mind

Comment

I need to buy phonos for my CD player at home. I'm listening to them in the car on my way to and from work at the minute, making for a piecemeal digestion and preventing me from noting what I'm actually listening to. So far everything I've heard has been great (although I can't get the last half dozen on Lee's CD to play for skipping ).
                  You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by alanmck View Post
                    Paul K should post his tracklist in the appropriate thread, then we can all get commenting on his disk and stuff.
                    Likewise ETK...
                    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

ok ill get it up on there tonight. completley forgot to do it.
                      instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Hero View Post
                        Likewise ETK...
                        Thought I had. Will do so now.
                        Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Hero View Post
                          So far everything I've heard has been great (although I can't get the last half dozen on Lee's CD to play for skipping ).
                          Soz Rich - PM me your address and I'll send you a new one.
                          "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

stuck it up. sorry for the delay
                            instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Yeah, I'd have to agree the general standard is really high this year, musically and with the artwork.

I've taken a while to get round to actually listening to the mixes this year, y'know what with Xmas, New Year, house guests, real life, playing with my kids new toys, and a stinking cold which floored me for a couple of days and made me feel miserable for a few more... I must get round to writing up my thoughts on my faves soon.

I love the swap year in year out, it always broadens my musical horizons, which is a very good thing. There are some perennial favourites which I look forward too, some first timers which are always given a shot, and then there are the others...

I'm firmly from the school of if you can't say anything positive, then don't say anything at all... particularly if it's concerning a labour of love, which these swap mixes generally are.

But I don't think I'm the only one who just isn't feeling certain genres, decades or concepts at this stage in my listening life... consequently those get put to one side while I revel in those I'm looking forward to.

I'm much less inclined to listen to those I've put aside, but try to give them all a go, especially if I read a great review or if a Mix might perhaps need a different listening circumstance. But I have to admit some never get played... though they do all get kept waiting for the day when I "get" that genre, or embrace "that" decade or sound.

I also suspect some mixes are designed to test listeners aural limits, comfort zones and patience, which it must be stressed is not necessarily a bad thing, but ultimately these mixes get fewer if any repeat listens in my house.

With the ever expanding "Pitch list" of tunes off limits to the swap, I hope we don't all end up tipping the seesaw of "virgin swap tune" vs "cracking listen" the wrong way.
                              In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Working...
                              X