Long Black Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Black Road

I haven't seen the film... but apparently this tune is used in the soundtrack... Who'd a thunk ELO got all psych funk rock...

A quick google would seem to suggest, it wasn't released originally - which means it isn't on vinyl unless the film soundtrack comes out on vinyl.

But I thought I'd ask the VG+ braintrust anyway... so is it on vinyl anywhere, as I quite like it *blush*.
    In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

It's on their last studio album 'Zoom' from 2001. Bonus track on the CD, not included on the recent vinyl reissue for some reason.

I thought 'American Hustle' was okay, but the actors were letting their hair do most of the work.

You needn't blush. ELO are great.
    SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Bonus track on the Japanese version of Zoom, (2001).....apparently!

I see I've been pipped to the post
      Everyone tear down your own little wall
      That keeps you from being a part of it all
      Because you've got to be one with the one and all
      You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
        You needn't blush. ELO are great.
        Love the first album... And one of the later (uncool) albums was the very first record I owned...
        Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

I have a soft spot for ELO too - I ride for the 1st LP (Weller ripped off the '....overture' tune for 'Changing Man') and have a fondness for the 'Out of the Blue' period stuff. Also the break on 'Don't Bring Me Down' can't be denied!
          "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Once they got rid of Roy Wood, ELO were ace up until 'Secret Messages'. 'Discovery' (Disco, very) is a regular spin in my house and we all dance around and enjoy it. You make your own cool in this world. One of serial killer Denis Nilsen's favourite bands, fact fans!

Comment

One of serial killer Denis Nilsen's favourite bands, fact fans!
              .... and Alan Partridge ...... and parochial weather fans...... Look North weatherman, Paul Hudson!!
              "Here comes the Fun Cooker!!"

Comment

I can't stand Paul Hudson. If he was half as funny as he thought he was he'd be half as funny as someone half as funny as Les Dennis.

I do enjoy watching Look Leeds, sorry, Look North, though, as I like to shout at the telly to remind them of the tear soaked state funeral style live coverage they gave to Jimmy Savile.

Comment

Well I still think they´re shit and I´m not surprised murderers like them.
                  Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
                    Well I still think they´re shit and I´m not surprised murderers like them.
                    Have you any idea what a dangerous statement that is? Take care, BC, take care.

Comment

Have you any idea what a dangerous statement that is? Take care, BC, take care.
                      Someone has to stand up to murder and ELO.
                      Read the comments here to see how ELO-loving psychos respond to Steve Wright bravely stating the unvarnished truth about ELO-related product.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwdM9jw47ms
                      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

No, I'm not going to. It's a lose-lose situation. I like E.L.O much more than Steve Wright and anyone who makes a YT comment is a nutter.

Comment

It's a strange world where this is considered to be shit! Glad I don't live there They should have been knighted for going out the front door in all that clobber
                          Everyone tear down your own little wall
                          That keeps you from being a part of it all
                          Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                          You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by The Divine One View Post
                            Love the first album...
                            Me too, great LP, I ride.
                            "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

ELO are up there with Abba in the Superpop pantheon.
                              It's a sad, sick person that doesn't like Telephone Line or Mr Blue Sky.
                              To infinity - and beyond!

Comment

Working...
                              X