found at the weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• found at the weekend

newly inspired by this forum I got my arse out the door to try to find some decent records. 10 quid later i had about 20 7's in my mitts. they all looked promising and 5 of them i really quite like:

Linda Christine "Send Me No More Letters" - 1970 on Dutch label (?) Purple Eye. building folky pop with nice drums (no real breaks though). similar to Julie Covington.

Neville Whitmill "That's Why" -1973 on South African label Gallo. funky soulish thing again with tight drums.

Buzz "Ray Of Sunshine" - 1972 on Australian label Interfusion. i love this one, rousing sunshine pop thing , makes me very happy.

Axis "Someone" - 1972 on Italian label Riviera (looks like something to do with Barclay) really nice vocal based thing.

The Elephants - "SOS for the Beat" Telefunken, fast surf sounding psychish thing.

oh, and a 1981 kraftwerk/moroder sounding thing by Analysis or something. and a swedish version of The Candyman Can called Slaraffendlan.

anyone know anything about these?

Originally posted by Nico Gomez
    a swedish version of The Candyman Can called Slaraffendlan.

anyone know anything about these?

You sure 'bout Swedish and Slaraffendlan???
    Because that word is complete nonsense in Swedish - I can't even imagine what it could be.....
    "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
    and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

i thought all words were nonsense in Swedish

i'm probably wrong, i'll check again tonight.
      all i know is it is a cover of that song from Willy Wonka and it has plenty of F's and L's
      Last edited by Nico Gomez; 28-02-2005, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Just taken delivery of...

"The Detroit City Limits play Ninety eight cents plus tax and other hits" LP

and looking foreward to giving it a listen. The title tune is an awsome funky R&B Intrumental Groover.
        My Mixcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Kinky Chris
          "The Detroit City Limits play Ninety eight cents plus tax and other hits"
          Wow! Never thought there was an LP of D.C.L, I've been happy with the old little 45 for many years now...

... some of the "Ken Dodds" ( ) who post up here will have it and love it too, I'm sure...
          If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Vulture
            some of the "Ken Dodds" ( ) who post up here
            Cockney rhyming slang for Mods?
            My Mixcloud

Comment

No. Diddymen...
              Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

Originally posted by Brainbomb
                You sure 'bout Swedish and Slaraffendlan???
                Because that word is complete nonsense in Swedish - I can't even imagine what it could be.....
                slaraffendlan!! could be dutch!..sometimes the dutch language is a bit closed (nearly same stupid) to swiss! it's not easy to translate it but i think that means something like: "land of abundance" oooh
                can you explain to me what this word means?

www.myspace.com/deenoakathedustybutton

Comment

indeed! ... sorry Chris, I've been hangin' with the Newmarket Soul Massive too long... (already)
                  If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by The Divine One
                    No. Diddymen...
                    haha! ... stood next to you Divine, anyone looks short...

Comment

Just taken delivery of...

"The Detroit City Limits play Ninety eight cents plus tax and other hits" LP

and looking foreward to giving it a listen. The title tune is an awsome funky R&B Intrumental Groover.
                      I wanna know: are the rest of the tunes as good as the ninety eight cents plus tax 45? Please give us an update when you give the LP a spin. Thanks.
                      http://three-sixty-five45s.blogspot.com/

Comment

the single's definitely the best track on there - I've had the album for many years, largely because I couldn't find a 45 when I got it....
                        We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Yupp 99 cents is head and shoulders above everything else on the LP. Most of it is extremely pedestrian except for the covers of Think and "Dance to the Music" which are both groovers
                          My Mixcloud

Comment

Working...
                          X