Discogs: as a buyer are you covered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discogs: as a buyer are you covered?

Sorry for the sheer tedium of this thread BUT...

I've ordered an expensive (like, really expensive) record on Discogs and am wondering if it's a scam. Before paying, i'm just wondering if i'm covered any way as a buyer. If I use paypal and it comes off a credit card, can I claim back? I've got a feeling Discogs don't take much to do with disputes, but could be wrong.

Anyone got any experiences to share? I'm not usually a gambling man, but when it comes to records...
    Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Going through the same thing, it seems that you bring your gripe up with Paypal, and the seller has 20 days to resolve before you can claim money back.
    sigpicRock on Penderyn

Comment

Yes, buyers are covered ; I sent an lp to Italy, didn't arrive, buyer claimed ; got full refund.

Works the same as ebay I guess.

Comment

discogs has no interest in disputes, your covered by paypal , I trust the seller has previous feedback for you to check his credentials
        and it makes no difference if paypal takes it from a credit card or existing funds, all your doing is transferring funds from one bank account to another so your not protected by your card

Comment

Like people are saying, Paypal is the way forward, as a buyer I resolved stuff with them before no problem.
          "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Bought a record of Discogs
            Sent money through PayPal
            Seller never changed status of item or replied to messages
            Contacted Discogs
            Got my Money back finally - about three weeks
            "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

Thanks chaps, I'm gonna take the plunge. Fingers crossed PayPal will deal with it if it all goes pear-shaped...

And Lee, don't even ask!

Comment

I will then...

What's the record?

Hope to be seeing you soon Andy, open invite eastside...
                In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Yes, please tell us.

Maybe we can do this again: http://www.verygoodplus.co.uk/showth...lo-Chapter-one

Comment

Originally posted by djvw View Post
                    Yes, please tell us.
                    Hmmm, it was bought purely to sell. A moment of pure madness, buying an insanely expensive record thinking there was a chance of a profit. I'll keep you posted once the record and arrives, and has left again. If it WAS for my collection, there would some soul searching going on...

Comment

I agree with what others have said already, in my experience discogs themselves won't do much. When it last happened to me I was a bit wet behind the ears. Now I'd be on to PayPal who are pretty good at chasing cases up

Comment

Working...
                      X