Christmas delays....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas delays....

Bought a couple of things from the US at the arse-end of December and no sign of them yet. Just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing some sluggish delivery times from the US before I contact the seller.
    Things ain't getting no brighter, load ain't getting no lighter.........

http://www.mixcloud.com/Ian_Barker/

Ordered a few books on amazon from the US mid december. No sign of them yet.
    All the Wolpertingers

Comment

I've a copy of Black Christ of the Andes lost somewhere over La Manche, ordered mid December...
      the monkey speaks his mind

Comment

Cheers for the replies. A pattern emerging it seems. I'll give it a few more days as there has never been a hint of a problem from the seller before.....
        Things ain't getting no brighter, load ain't getting no lighter.........

http://www.mixcloud.com/Ian_Barker/

Comment

The lion share of things I purchased from the US ARRIVED in good time however I still have stuff from Britain that have yet to arrive..... state of this country eiiiiiii
          sigpicRock on Penderyn

Comment

Today`s my beloved mother 'I`ve just picked a package at the post office' let off steam. Ted Heath and Keb Darge`s Texas rumble 45 have come from Germany. Eagerly awaited as ordered at the turn of December.
            DANCE TO THE RADIO

Comment

One item paid for on 2 Jan arrived two days ago, one paid for pre-Xmas yet to arrive.

If you're still a bit twitchy, in the past, when I've been concerned, I've sent a nice message asking if it's been mailed yet, framed as "don't want to follow up with the postie unnecessarily"... Usually flushes out a status update at worst...

Comment

I'm waiting on a 45 from the states from 19th December thanks for posting it's put my mind at rest!
                i remember when it was all fields round here....

http://www.mixcloud.com/groovywoovy/

Comment

I'm surprised so many people are buying stuff from the States, what with the postage and stuff!
                  "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                    I'm surprised so many people are buying stuff from the States, what with the postage and stuff!
                    Yeah the only problems I got recently are high delivery costs and bloody customs charges. States is so crap at the mo
                    Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

Originally posted by eclipsechaser View Post
                      Yeah the only problems I got recently are high delivery costs and bloody customs charges. States is so crap at the mo
                      I feel your pain mate...Think I've only bought three records from there since the price hike, which was a fair while ago. Cheap $10 LP's are not cost effective to buy from over there any more, and it's too much of a gamble with pricey records...Shame as I like a lot of US 60's stuff.
                      "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Still waiting for my Chrysalis lp from US. Just over two weeks, not worrying yet due to time of year/backlogs etc.
                        Not wishing to hijack the thread, but picking up on what Craig said about the US shipping costs, what irks me is the amazing variations which sellers claim have been imposed on them. I nearly bought a 45 from there last week, but the seller wanted nearly $20 p&p!. I've had great service from Craig Moerer, whose prices for shipping are more realistic.Airmail - 45s, $7.50 lps $12.50. Economy air mail, 45s $5.50, lps $8. Best packaging too! If they can do it (I know it's pretty big scale compared to a lot of smaller sellers) why the huge discrepancy?
                        Rant over. Hope your stuff turns up soon KWF
                        Everyone tear down your own little wall
                        That keeps you from being a part of it all
                        Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                        You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

before xmas i spotted a re-issue of a record i'd been after at a store in detroit. record was $5.99 and postage was $20 first class (didn't know they had first class in u.s.a. thought they'd call it premium or something).

yeah $20 is a lot but jeez i can't buy the record in the u.k. for the equivalent of $26. anyway, posted on 23rd and arrived on the 28th.
                          "I don't want to live in the past but it's a nice place to visit."

Comment

USA
                            Start date: 12th December 2013
                            End date: 14th January 2014
                            Severe winter storms in USA are causing disruptions to mail collection and delivery services in the following areas: Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri and Oklahoma.
                            Update: 14th January 2014
                            All mail services in the USA are now back to normal, however there is a substantial amount of mail which has built up during the bad weather which should be cleared in approx 3-4 days.

From Royal Mails international incidents page:
                            http://www.royalmail.com/service-update/international

I suppose we should think ourselves lucky we're not buying from Somalia "No service since October 1991"

Comment

Originally posted by Knitwearfan View Post
                              Bought a couple of things from the US at the arse-end of December and no sign of them yet. Just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing some sluggish delivery times from the US before I contact the seller.
                              Well they've had some atrocious weather of late so that on top of Xmas backlog might explain.

Comment

Working...
                              X