Johnny Harris interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny Harris interview

I had the very great pleasure of interviewing Johnny Harris last autumn, and the piece I wrote has gone online today:

http://www.walesartsreview.org/in-co...johnny-harris/

Given who I was writing the article for I stuck mostly to the Welsh aspects of his career, though obviously I had a long list of Vinyl Vulture-type questions up my sleeve to ask as well if the need arose . One I did manage to ask was about Petula Clark's version of 'Rain'. Unfortunately (if understandably) he didn't have a particularly clear memory of it, but he did say that he thought it had been Tony Hatch's suggestion to do the song in the first place.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the piece. I can confirm that he is a lovely man.
    The Pop Music Library

Really good read. Thanks for sharing that Graham. Nice selection of clips. Has there been a favourite Johnny Harris tune thread before? Better get one going
    Everyone tear down your own little wall
    That keeps you from being a part of it all
    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
    You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Thanks for doing this, been a fan of his stuff for years great to read the background
      My Mixcloud

Comment

Lovely interview - thanks!

Comment

A lovely read - thanks!
          "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks all - glad you've enjoyed it!

I'm heading over to the other JH thread. . .
            The Pop Music Library

Comment

Originally posted by pitch View Post
              A lovely read - thanks!
              Cosign that. Interesting that he knew some stuff about Tammy St John too. Sourcing any information on her was nigh on impossible as she seemed to just vanish into thin air.
              <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

Many thanks for this - loved it
                "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

Working...
                X