New record shop in a pub!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New record shop in a pub!

Just got back from Moon Unit Records in Bishops Stortford. Yes, you read it right, it's in the back bar (which also doubles up as a venue, when they have to move the vinyl out) of The Half Moon pub. The chap I spoke to was really friendly, and I've sown the seeds with him of starting up an occasional vinyl night. Watch this space. You can check the catalogue for the new stuff. Second hand selection wasn't brilliant, but he said they are starting to get people coming in enquiring about selling their collections. So early days, but a promising start to the greening of the vinyl desert which surrounds us in this neck of the woods.
    http://www.moonunitrecords.co.uk/our-store.html
    Everyone tear down your own little wall
    That keeps you from being a part of it all
    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
    You've just got to be close to it all

Blimey,they'll be selling records in sex shops next!
    record licker

Comment

Blimey two of the things I spend most of my money on in one place. Dangerous!
      Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

http://www.elasticwitch.com/

In Dublin in the back room of the Twisted Pepper - Coffee shop by day, Pub from afternoon onwards, venue till the early hours. With barber shop and there used to be a book shop upstairs.
        Those funny cars won't make the teardrops start/ but way up there is where she broke my heart

Comment

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
          .... I've sown the seeds with him of starting up an occasional vinyl night....
          Excellent news, subtly buried Super fast New Year Resolution > Fruition Award 2014.
          <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

I knew you'd be the one to spot that Ian I'll keep nipping back and reminding him, but he seemed enthusiastic. We'll see.

Comment

There is this. A Pot Office/Record Shop in Norfolk

http://tomcoxblog.blogspot.co.uk/201...e2nd-hand.html
              Jazz ain't dead!

Comment

This is my local, and not only is the pub an 8 types of Ale at a time, type place, it smokes it's own meat out back.

2nd hand isn't their main thrust, but I've had a few nice 45s from there...
                "Not only that but the WHOLE COVER is UNCREASED with only 2 or 3 TINY creaselines near the opening edge about half way down!!!! In the same place (about half way down the opening edge), there is an absolutely TINY and PERFECTLY repaired split" (xxxrecords)

Comment

You in Stortford Joe?

Comment

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
                    You in Stortford Joe?
                    Yep! You?
                    "Not only that but the WHOLE COVER is UNCREASED with only 2 or 3 TINY creaselines near the opening edge about half way down!!!! In the same place (about half way down the opening edge), there is an absolutely TINY and PERFECTLY repaired split" (xxxrecords)

Comment

Originally posted by Joe M'geek View Post
                      Yep! You?
                      Harlow. I take it you've made it to the Monday market?

Comment

This is my local, and not only is the pub an 8 types of Ale at a time, type place, it smokes it's own meat out back.

WHY can't MY local have eight ales and a record shop in it?

WHY?

WHY?
                        Hull Music Archive

Comment

Evidently they can!

Comment

I thought you priced them up for them?

I visited a few times after they'd opened and they had some interesting singles via one of the owner's Step Dad who was in (i think) Taste.

He must have had some great parties in the 60's/70's, as many of the singles were well played and so I didn't end up buying many.

The owner I met seemed a really nice, genuine bloke, so I'm glad they are still going. I'll have to pop in there again soon...
                            it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
                            take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

Originally posted by nboldock View Post
                              WHY can't MY local have eight ales and a record shop in it?
                              WHY?
                              WHY?
                              Substitute 'local' for cafe, 'eight ales' for a pot of tea and 'record shop' for CD store and I'll be there with balls and bells on.
                              <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

Working...
                              X