TV/movie Themes LPs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV/movie Themes LPs

Inspired by Tommos Johnny Harris I've been pulling out some VV classics this morning and I've found myself putting on a lot of TV theme LPs
    This one really leapt out as pure class from start to finish

Their version of It Takes A Thief is a thing of joy
    "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Now hitting this
    French Connection is incredible!
    "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Comment

Keep em
      Coming I've missed threads like this
      Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

Why not do one yourself, Phil?

Comment

I'm juggling kids and baby chenos and still checking in here from the cafe not always that easy

Comment

Ray Davies and Button Down Brass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0mRy70vG4o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeCaBOCSUDE

Super!

And note that records of this type had to have a drawn cover.
            some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by medlar View Post
              Ray Davies and Button Down Brass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0mRy70vG4o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeCaBOCSUDE

Super!

And note that records of this type had to have a drawn cover.
              Yes Firedog is brilliant

What about John Gregory's Detectives? The Streets of San Francisco is a long time favourite big band funk track

Comment

ok from me its cops n robbers:

Comment

and big terror themes

Comment

ooh yes that geoff love big terror movie themes LP is ACE. hands down, the best version of 3 days of the condor.

this is also great. BANG!

http://www.blaxploitation.com
                    Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

sordid confession: in a music pub quiz last month i failed to recognise the Kojak theme. promise not to throw us off the board, eh mods?

the two geoff love space themes LPs are good, too. star wars and the more discofied close encounters.
                      http://www.blaxploitation.com
                      Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Another favourite

Wombling Mike Batt turns in an otherworldly performance

Comment

my collection is notably missing the FIREDOG and MOOG AT THE MOVIES LPS - sound great.

Lots of my faves posted already, but here's a few all with some bangers on:

The AL CAIOLA top right has a boss "French Connection" on…
                          Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Just pulled a few:

Denton and Cook - Hong Kong Beat has Quiller, but also the "new" Tomorrow's World and The Great Egg Race.
                            BBC Detective Themes for Piggy Malone and Charley Farley (The Detectives).
                            Ray Davies - Flashpoint has a corking 'The Man With The Golden Gun', but then there's 'The Big Boss', etc etc
                            Great Action Film Themes has 'They Call Me MISTER Tibbs' but also 'Fist Of Fury' and 'Enter The Dragon' with Bruce Lee noises over the top. And the Al Caiola 'French Connection'.
                            Tony Hatch - Hit The Road To Themeland - The Champions, Sportsnight. And Emmerdale Farm if you need a bit of relaxin'.
                            Jack Costanzo - Naked City has great versions of Route 66 and other US stuffs.

Comment

Jeez, chill out everyone, lets have some fingerwork and bongos.

Ike Isaacs - Star Trek, Crossroads and especially Search For The Nile are great on this. The only record of his that I've kept.
                              Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Working...
                              X