TV/movie Themes LPs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eine View Post
    Jeez, chill out everyone, lets have some fingerwork and bongos.

Ike Isaacs - Star Trek, Crossroads and especially Search For The Nile are great on this. The only record of his that I've kept.
    Blimey - the Crossroads theme done with guitars and bongos? The mind boggles...

Comment

Good evening, everyone!

Of course not to forget Mancini's other theme albums, even though I guess no one as popular as those Cop Show Themes:

Ray Conniff did a wonderful (and equally good to the original!) interpretation of the NBC Mystery Movie Theme:

Easy Sounds channel
      Easy Sounds blog

Comment

Here's one I quite like:

"Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
        and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

A quite decent Persuaders - Jack Parnell and His Orchestra - TV Times Record of Your Top TV Themes:

Or go for this one, the Jason King version is the clincher - Geoff Love - Your Top TV Themes:

This one for Mission Impossible and Top of the Pops - Various - Famous TV Themes:

I collect comedy records, what more can I say, this is brilliant - BBC Comedy Themes:

The Downstairs Lounge
          http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
          http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

Comment

Originally posted by Expiry2011 View Post

Now hitting this
            French Connection is incredible!
            Sie-Fly kindly gave me a copy of this elusive gem when he was up for the Tanners, plenty of great tracks, seems tricky to find in the wilds in my experience.
            "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

edit
              YouTube

Comment

and again
                YouTube

Comment

Unknown - Screen Trip Seventies
                  Morricone's hypnotic Italian Theme from The Sicilian Clan is given a fine arrangement here while the two Easy Rider numbers - Born To The Wild and The Weight - fizz with the energy. I particularly dig the fiery hammond organ groove and frantic fuzz on the former. Lots of Fs there. Plus there's a killer drumbreak.

YouTube

Comment

Ray Davies and The Button Down Brass - Themes From The Exorcist etc.
                    This album was my first introduction to Ray Davies and my gateway into non-James Last lounge music.
                    I purchased it in The Secret Book And Record Store, Dublin in late 1995.
                    My absolute highpoints are the languid (complete with spoken drawl) take on Michel Legrand’s Cops And Robbers, the moog-frenzied Magician (Hawk on controls) and a spooky take on The Exorcist theme that you’ll keep going back to. This track also sounds great over a club soundsystem.

Ray Davies Orchestra - Flashpoint
                    It features a hard and fast take of The Man With The Golden Gun, two fiery Bruce Lee themes – Big Boss and Fist Of Fury and short sharp blasts of cop action like Kojak and Magnum Force. Airport ’75 is nicely ominous too.

YouTube

Comment

The Malcolm Lockyer TV Themes LP is pretty good, excellent covers of Midweek and Alan Tew's Detectives Theme (Hanged Man)

Comment

The BBC Sporting themes LP costs next to nothing and is a Proustian delight for people of a certain age. Brian Bennett's 'Chase Side Shoot Up' is a favourite of mine for its swinging, pulsing swagger.

Soundstage Orchestra doing Grandstand is another great track. Because you get the whole track these things often sound better divorced from the programmes.

Great cover on the LP too.
                        "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Just remembered the Scored 1-0 LP, which is full of great themes: Starsky and Hutch, Black Belt Jones, Sportsnight, Get Carter, The Exorcist etc. Here are a couple.

The Prisoners 'Coogans Bluff club sequence'

The Persuaders with their fantastic take on the 'Grange Hill' theme

If you like the Acid Jazz era- and who doesn't ( takes cover immediately) you'll like the whole double LP.
                          "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by eine View Post
                            Jeez, chill out everyone, lets have some fingerwork and bongos.

Ike Isaacs - Star Trek, Crossroads and especially Search For The Nile are great on this. The only record of his that I've kept.
                            oh I found the original release of this the other day on Chapter One, under the name "Sinewave - Stars And Guitars":
                            https://www.discogs.com/Sinewave-Sta...elease/2699496

was hoping for something a bit weirder or experimental with a group name like that, but it as you say it has some good stuff on despite the slightly off-putting tracklisting.

Comment

That Sinewave cover is exciting! In the future they will gather on the electronic ether and rhapsodise about these experimental bongo covers of the Crossroads theme with 1000s of phased acoustic guitars. Buy now! Drastically reduced to .... 29p!
                              Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Working...
                              X