Favourite domestic musical instruments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourite domestic musical instruments

I spent a happy quarter of an hour strumming my IKEA egg slicer last night. Very Dorothy Ashby.

Later I entertained myself immensely tapping a beer bottle with a fingernail and popping my thumb in the neck.

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

2:20, vacuum cleaner section
    2:30, blender + toaster ensemble

Comment

"Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

Comment

This is going to sound odd, but if I rub my dog's stomach in the right way he will emit a little whiny yawn which sounds just like the opening horn part of 'Cherry Pink & Apple Blossom White' which I then continue by making trumpet music with my mouth. Actually, that doesn't sound odd at all. Phew.
          SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

The great Yusef Lateef plays flute while his band play coke bottles and a balloon!
            Weird exotica jazz stuff!

One of my all time favourite exotica/space age pop albums
            Although there are traditional instruments Fascienato also uses a lot of sounds made using things found in a Surplus Store - wild daddio
            "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

The string suspended grill gong.

Comment

Frank Zappa in 1963...

Comment

Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
                  This is going to sound odd, but if I rub my dog's stomach in the right way he will emit a little whiny yawn which sounds just like the opening horn part of 'Cherry Pink & Apple Blossom White' which I then continue by making trumpet music with my mouth. Actually, that doesn't sound odd at all. Phew.
                  That sounds like a potential million-hit Youtube viral. Can I borrow your dog if you´re not using it, GK?

If you grab the front and back pages of kids board books firmly and then work them back and forth, you can often get a great flapping, clattering percussive sound effect. Who needs to learn the alphabet anyway?

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

I can get a good bongo rhythm from my steering wheel, using circumference for tone and my wedding ring for a rim shot.

I can get funky with a good trouser/ jacket zip. My rudimentary McDonalds strawberry milkshake tub cuica would put Airto to shame.

I also like the way the button on my tv switcheroo make a very satisfying click and I can knock out a triffic one note drum solo on that bad boy.
                    I know your game Lionel! I can see what you really are!

Comment

Originally posted by Expiry2011 View Post
                      I demand to know why this sort of thing doesn't turn up on the News in this country... brilliant - thank you!
                      In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
                        I demand to know why this sort of thing doesn't turn up on the News in this country... brilliant - thank you!
                        you clearly don't watch The One Show!
                        I know your game Lionel! I can see what you really are!

Comment

Originally posted by Brass Monkey View Post
                          you clearly don't watch The One Show!
                          I'd be pleased as punch if a bunch of good time plumbers parped out a version of Smoke on the water on the one show with various plastic bits and bobs from the trade, but from the clip it would appear to be an article on some eastern block news broadcast... I'd like to see Huw Edwards introduce that!
                          In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Originally posted by Xann View Post
                            The string suspended grill gong.
                            Suspended from fingers in the ears? Not a good look, but close your eyes and listen to the cathedral full of sound in your mind maaaan 30 years ago anyway!
                            Teapot trumpets are fun

Everyone tear down your own little wall
                            That keeps you from being a part of it all
                            Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                            You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X