(Sort Of) New Record Shop in Herne Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Sort Of) New Record Shop in Herne Bay

Had first chance to check out the revamped and under new ownership B Side the C Side record shop in Herne Bay and WOW!!

Very impressed. All those who had frequented the shop under the old management would have been used to the impossibly cramped and quite static selection. Never seen a shop with so many copies of certain records all out in the racks. Is there any need for there to be 6 copies of the same record out at any one time?

Well anyway the new shop looks fantastic. Prices are a lot better. The new owner (Oz i think) is slowly going through his own collection clearing things out as well as reducing all the old stock he inherited. Everything is a lot less cluttered and the bespoke record cabinets are lovely.

I spent an hour and half there with my 10 month old daughter in tow who thankfully wasn't too bored. Didnt have much money to spend but grabbed an original Beginning Of The End - Funky Nassau LP UK press, Marvin Gaye - Trouble Man original Euro press, US Undisputed Truth LP, a sealed US copy of Dave Baby Cortez Tweetie Pie LP, T J Brown - London Town 7" and one other thing that slips my mind for the princely sum of £26.00 all in lovely condition.

Defintiely recommend a visit for all Kentish heads.

Any idea if its open on sundays mate ?

Comment

Originally posted by nebkins View Post
      T J Brown - London Town 7"
      Didn´t know this existed. Any good?
      I´ve got his one-man Spanish lp, which is partly ace and entirely interesting.
      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

T J Brown is lovely.

I believe shop is open monday to sunday

Comment

Looking forward to checking it out!

Comment

http://www.bsidethecside.co.uk/

eat chocolate-creams with the appetite of a blase parrot. H H Munro.

Comment

Thanks for the website link - I like the bit of info about Herne Bay, haha. First time I ever went to Herne Bay my friend got bottled! I love it there though.

Shop looks really nice, I'll make sure I go in next time I go home. Ben - maybe we can do a meet up there and have a few beers?

Comment

Yeah as long as its a saturday will be up for a meetup.

Comment

Originally posted by nebkins View Post
                  I believe shop is open monday to sunday
                  Monday to Saturday, 10am to 5pm.

Comment

Anyone coming to Herne Bay and fancies meeting up, let me know! I live about 5mins from the shop. I posted in another thread about it - Oz is lovely and the stock looks good. I've been strapped for cash of late, but am hoping to be able to spend a day in there soon.
                    Back and to the left... back and to the left... back and to the left

Comment

I am hoping to drop in here on Friday en route to the Broadstairs Blues Bash weekend. Last time I was in there, under the previous regime, it was so sad you had to laugh, multiple copies of the same lp and stuff piled so high it was inaccessible and obviously never going to sell - I wanted to spend a week in there helping the guy out!

Comment

Working...
                      X