Very Good Top 100 @ Forumusic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Good Top 100 @ Forumusic

I hope Ian doesn't mind my doing this, but I've just noticed that he's put up a VG+ classics chart over on forumusic:
    http://www.forumusic.co.uk/very_good_plus_100.html

By his own admission this is not an attempt at a definitive top 100, but it certainly features a lot of LP's discussed on this board and VV over the years.

I thought it was pretty interesting.

Any comments on what is missing, should be added or taken off?!

What's the LP next to Bobby & Betty btw. I don't recognise it...
    it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
    take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Del Shannon - Further Adventures Of Charles Westover

Comment

Interesting, not quite how i would have pictured it (COLLAGE - "kadriko"? Really?)
      I have almost exactly half of them... Better get cracking on the others...
      Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Yes - an interesting and sometimes surprising selection of what's been talked about here! I have just over half of them.... and it's reminded me of a few more that I'd like......
        "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

Dont recollect Libaek's Australian Suite ever being mentioned anywhere , anyone have a spare as its been on my wantlist for bloody years

Comment

Would have thought there'd be more eastern european records. Pepita, the Polish Jazz series, Amiga (Hallo 5?) but all in all this looks accurate .
            All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Great stuff Ian. A nice collective of VV/VG+ records (although a couple I'm not familiar with at all).

Should The Hanged Man and Drama Suite both be included as they're one of the same?

I have 70 (including 4 reissues).
              "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

86, what do I win?

Comment

I own, or have owned, a quarter of them. There's a few missing from my mental top 100 - Electric Mud, Carol Lee Scott, for example - but that was always going to happen.

There were also a couple I wouldn't immediately think of VV/VG+ - The Cool, Collage, Jazz Goes Baroque. There are also some that I know are big favourites round here - Melody Nelson, USA - but I don't see them as being specifically VG+, despite the fact they do represent a lot of what we discuss. That said, I was surprised by no Can or Hazlewood and I'd say the same about those.

All in all, pretty spot on!
                  Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

Is the Trader Horn in there because of a certain thread that can arguably claim to have a degree of notoriety attached?
                    some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

84. Beaten by Mark - curses. Pretty good overview I'd say. Only omissions IMHO are 'Soul Cure', John Cameron 'off centre' 'working in a soul mine' and any proper KPM representation beyond the Mohawks.
                      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

63. Must dig harder.
                        Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

Nancy Priddy - You've Come This Way Before

I'd have thought that that would be on the list tbh.
                          some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

73 - nice list with plenty that i wouldn't expect to see - which is no bad thing
                            Rockwell
                            Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

I have 12. The fact that I have lost my copy of Kadriko still pains me.

I thought the inclusion of LPs like that was great - it represents the odd tangents and pivots we spin off onto on here.
                              "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

Working...
                              X