Plastic storage crates for LP's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic storage crates for LP's

I'm looking for solid robust plastic crates for moving Lp's... you know the sort, but where do you find them?

The Ikea website only seems to offer something called a Trofast which although could do the job at a push, isn't ideally suited to the job...

Those cardboard ones are probably not strong enough...

I don't really want to order these online due to what is bound to be a lot of postage £...

Anyone got any suggestions? Or ideas of what sort of high street / shopping mall outlets to look in?

Many thanks in advance for any replies... much obliged.
    In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

A lot of High St hardware stores carry the plastic variety, or try those outlets that stock Chinese goods of the plastic variety. There used to be one done our way that had loads.
    Otherwise consider cardboard boxes, the double flap ones are very sturdy, and are probably cheaper than crates, and you can fold them down after the move.
    How many crates / boxes did you have in mind?
    some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Sound like you need those Really Useful Boxes:

http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.u...boxdetails.php

They've got lids, stack up etc. You can buy them in Office World and places like that - but probably pays to shop around, since loads of them are a total rip-off.
      Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

Originally posted by medlar View Post
        A lot of High St hardware stores carry the plastic variety, or try those outlets that stock Chinese goods of the plastic variety. There used to be one done our way that had loads.
        Otherwise consider cardboard boxes, the double flap ones are very sturdy, and are probably cheaper than crates, and you can fold them down after the move.
        How many crates / boxes did you have in mind?
        Well it's for moving about approximately 700-800 LP's...
        In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Really Useful 35L. Asda (spits) online were the cheapest I could find.
          record licker

Comment

Originally posted by The Divine One View Post
            Sound like you need those Really Useful Boxes:

http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.u...boxdetails.php

They've got lids, stack up etc. You can buy them in Office World and places like that - but probably pays to shop around, since loads of them are a total rip-off.

Thanks Andrew - really useful... (!)

I know where there's a Hobby craft, which would seem to stock these blighters, I'll stock up on PVC as well.
            In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

I have a load of those really useful box 9xl size, for 45s. When I was shopping around I found the best online deal was with Maplin. Most places, including the manufacturer, wanted stupid amounts for p&p, Maplin was far and away the cheapest. Don't know if it's still the same now.
              Everyone tear down your own little wall
              That keeps you from being a part of it all
              Because you've got to be one with the one and all
              You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

you need the 35L xl if you want to close the lid, the 35L are to short when full of recordds
                instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
                  Thanks Andrew - really useful... (!)

I know where there's a Hobby craft, which would seem to stock these blighters, I'll stock up on PVC as well.
                  Get some PVA while you're there, not sure what you're going to use PVC for but then again maybe there's a secret vinyl cleaning method I'm unaware of.

Comment

Originally posted by korova View Post
                    Get some PVA while you're there, not sure what you're going to use PVC for but then again maybe there's a secret vinyl cleaning method I'm unaware of.
                    !
                    In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Working...
                    X