Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are the great new TV show themes?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Where are the great new TV show themes?

    The TV/Movie theme lp thread got me thinking- what are the current TV show themes that people like? It seems to me there really aren't many that are particularly memorable - although I don't see a lot of TV- and that the seventies, in particular, was a golden age. Nowadays a TV theme is often a 'haunting' song plucked from an existing LP/CD, rather than being written specifically for the programme. Here are a few I have enjoyed in the last few years.

    'Life on Mars' theme. It's quite old now but its aping of a seventies theme endeared it to me.



    'Rubicon' theme. This US conspiracy story only ran for one series. I liked the programme and I liked the theme.



    'Montalbano' theme. The business. I could watch Montalbano all day every day.



    The trouble with all of these, though, is that, as far as I know, they haven't been worked up into full length tracks.
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

  • #2
    Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
    'Life on Mars' theme. It's quite old now but its aping of a seventies theme endeared it to me.
    All love for TV / film themes is nostalgia/ age-related no? A cyclical thing.

    I was listening to some early 00s computer games music on YouTube the other day and browsing the comments some people were saying they'd been hunting the tune for years, others were saying that hearing it was making them feel emotional. The tune in question was military drums thudding along menacingly and high- pitched female choirs.

    Playing Candy Crush to unwind a few nights ago I thought the various looped themes playing were brilliant. I know from Facebook that a large number of my younger friends / ex-students have been hooked on Candy Crush for months. Fast forward ten years when they've got grown- up kids and they'll be getting all emotional over that, harking back to younger, hassle- free days.
    <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Ian Townsend View Post
      I was listening to some early 00s computer games music on YouTube the other day and browsing the comments some people were saying they'd been hunting the tune for years, others were saying that hearing it was making them feel emotional.
      The music that goes with 'The Legend of Zelda' is like that for me. I didn't play computer games but my son had the N64 when it was around and he played Zelda a lot.
      "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

      Comment


      • #4
        Ill have a think about TV themes
        This is my favourite computer game tune ever. It makes me feel like it´s 5 am and I have to work in three hours so I´ll go to bed as soon as I´ve won this level. yes, yeees, YEEEEES ... bollocks.

        Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by babycart View Post
          Ill have a think about TV themes
          This is my favourite computer game tune ever. It makes me feel like it´s 5 am and I have to work in three hours so I´ll go to bed as soon as I´ve won this level. yes, yeees, YEEEEES ... bollocks.

          The only one of these games I ever played was 'F Zero X' "You've Got Boost Power". It took me all my time to master that. I tried some of the others, including 'Diddy Kong Racing' but I really needed to save all my moves for 'F Zero X'. It was always difficult to expain why a fully grown man couldn't press a few buttons as well as an ten year old could.
          "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

          Comment


          • #6
            Last TV soundtrack I bought was for Japanese live/animation cross called 'Steam Head'.

            That sparked a bit of interest, so went back to check out the 'Cowboy Bebop' score again. It has its moments.

            Comment

            Working...
            X