Could've been the next Diana Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could've been the next Diana Ross

In dire need of a touch of inspiration for a Shindig! side bar I need to get done whilst a million other occurrences explode around me.
    We're running a big piece of Mary Love and want to feature a few other female artists of the era who 'could have been the next Diana Ross'.
    Tammi Terrell springs to mind at once.
    Any others?
    To infinity - and beyond!

What about Linda Jones? If she hadn't died so young she may have gone on to greater things.
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Syreeta.
      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

any of James Brown's ladies?

Yvonne Fair
        Marva Whitney
        Lyn Collins

assume that the Mary Love thing will make mention of this... one day it shall be mine...

Comment

Bettye Swann? &, yes, Rita Wright / Syreeta.

pre-disco, 'Sunflower' era Thelma Houston, maybe?
          SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

what about Freda Payne?
            I know your game Lionel! I can see what you really are!

Comment

Originally posted by alanmck View Post
              any of James Brown's ladies?

Yvonne Fair
              Marva Whitney
              Lyn Collins

assume that the Mary Love thing will make mention of this... one day it shall be mine...

A wonderful track, but still nowhere near this Everest of sheer delight.

To infinity - and beyond!

Comment

Maxine Brown?
                Sugar Pie DeSanto?
                Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

Me, in false eyelashes and those to-die-for 70s costumes from Mahogany.
                  Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Patti Jo - Make Me Believe in You
                    "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

I'm not sure I entirely understand the question but, regardless...

Tobi Lark

Dee Dee Warwick

Mary Wells
                      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

You probably had to shag Berry Gordy to stand a chance of being the next Diana Ross. Much as I like a lot of Supremes stuff I don't think Diana Ross' voice is a patch on most of those mentioned above.

Comment

Originally posted by peretti View Post
                          You probably had to shag Berry Gordy to stand a chance of being the next Diana Ross. Much as I like a lot of Supremes stuff I don't think Diana Ross' voice is a patch on most of those mentioned above.
                          Diana wasn't even the best singer in The Supremes. She had a breath control issue that meant she'd 'hiccup' between lines. They edited it out on the records but, live, it sounds very odd, especially in uptempo numbers.

SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by peretti View Post
                            I like her voice a lot, but "being Diana Ross" was never really about the voice anyway.
                            Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Like Rich Hero, I'm not sure I fully understand the question, however, how about Judy Craig?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKe0XKfAnv8

Ace!
                              some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Working...
                              X