No announcement yet.

Could've been the next Diana Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a video of The Supremes being screened on the wall during the first hour or two of Brillo. Costumes looked great but for some reason the sound was muted, I think some herberts were playing records or something.

Comment

Not sure if she could of been the next Diana Ross but Brenda Holloway was on motown and "when im gone" still gives me goosebumps, such a nice ender
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAIX1imfNEo

Comment

Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
        Diana wasn't even the best singer in The Supremes. She had a breath control issue that meant she'd 'hiccup' between lines.
        I was listening at the weekend and Florence Ballard does this too. Seems to be intentional.
        Diana Ross wasn´t the best singer in the Supremes, but she was the most distinctive. You can recognise her immediately and her thin, dispassionate voice was perfect for pop. Like many not-particularly brilliant pop singers, she also compensated by working on her style
        Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by djh62uk View Post
          There was a video of The Supremes being screened on the wall during the first hour or two of Brillo. Costumes looked great but for some reason the sound was muted, I think some herberts were playing records or something.
          Was it this one - one of my favourite Supremes bits (apart from them playing table tennis of course)

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
            Was it this one - one of my favourite Supremes bits (apart from them playing table tennis of course)

Transvestism and gigantic hair. Great stuff
            This is the clip I plan to screen on the wall when I come and play at Brillo

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Working...
            X