Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hairy records, Liverpool, stock for sale on ebay.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hairy records, Liverpool, stock for sale on ebay.

Finishes in a couple of days, reserve price 5k. Sorry struggling to attach link via kindle fire but type in the in the search"vinyl records job lot est 15,000" should find it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vinyl-Reco...item19e81eb497
    "I don't want to live in the past but it's a nice place to visit."

Comment

Looking at the photos and the q&a's this could be a risky, expensive gamble, particularly as viewing is not an option. It's only LPs too, looks like the singles must be going to be auctioned at a later date.

Comment

Originally posted by korova View Post
        Looking at the photos and the q&a's this could be a risky, expensive gamble, particularly as viewing is not an option. It's only LPs too, looks like the singles must be going to be auctioned at a later date.
        "Q: Hi. Stupid question but....as an estimate how many of the 15000 are lp's and how many are singles? Alan 31-Jan-14
        A: I would say about 10% are 12" singles"

Yeah, I think it's risky too, I once went to check out a collection compared to this one and I got out in the evening with ten records, the owner was so disappointed ... but who knows. Maybe the lucky buyer will share the finds with us

Comment

From what little you can see and judging by the information supplied "20 copies of "Songs in the Key of Life" you could probably make into 10 decent copies" then this could end up as a car boot lot.
          Simple maths, you spend 5k to win them, chuck away about 50% (based on the illustration of "Songs in the...), sell the remainder at £1 each at the boot gives you a profit of £2.5k maximum. It could take all summer at least to get rid, so you would need to factor in storage, fuel, and pitch costs. Still a small profit to be made but is it worth the effort? Seller also says these never hit the shop floor, looks like these may be the non-collectables that came with collection job lots.

Comment

Working...
          X